Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
Andela is seeking Staffing Specialist who is responsible for fulfilling staffing requests from our revenue teams. The Staffing Department is responsible for determining and matching Andela developers’ skillset with our partners’ engineering needs in a consultative approach, as we continue to scale. Staffing Specialists work as the intermediary to enable our Partners to reach their goals while allowing our developers to gain experiences that help them to learn and grow, ensuring the best experience for both.
This position requires a highly organized self-starter with an interest in operations and engineering. He or she must be comfortable with working across teams and cross-culturally in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own staffing logistics and matchmaking on all engagements (new and up-sells), while providing insight into the process to relevant teams
- Work with pre-sales, solutions architect team to understand the needs of the partner, any risks, and what is needed to make their ideal suggested solution a reality, taking into account any supply constraints
- Provide transparency on the availability of our developers to Revenue driving teams
- When inventory is unavailable, partner with the Director of Staffing to game plan the next best option, potential ramp options and time frame for a partner’s proposal
- Develop a deep understanding of developers currently available, including their technical skill set, prior industry experience, and growth desires
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in Andela’s systems around developer profiles, availability, and engagements
- Lead informational sessions with developers concerning staffing process
- Four-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business, Operations, Engineering, or Computer science
- 2+ years in an fulfilment or operationally focused role
- Experience with working in and with distributed teams
- Previous experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.