Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela’s Learning department is charged with creating a high quality learning environment that scales with consistency to support Andela’s developers as they move through our Technology Leadership program. We are seeking a Director of Learning Operations with expertise in operationalizing Learning processes so that we can measure our effectiveness and continually iterate based on the data of our developers’ progression
- Work with the members of the Learning department to identify and document their core functions and establish clear KPIs to measure their contribution to Learning’s goals.
- Identify, construct and implement process changes required to ensure operational effectiveness
- Drive the monitoring and reporting of departmental and individual team member efficiencies and effectiveness metrics
- Manage members of the senior learning team and oversee the operational performance of the department.
- Continuously identify and address process improvements
- Ensure that the data from Partner and Success feedback is incorporated into our curriculum and that we are continually iterating the curriculum to meet market feedback.
- Work closely with the Success department to ensure completion of the curriculum for all existing Andela roles as defined by the Success department.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Product to ensure that we are implementing the systems that will enhance our Learning processes and allow them to scale while capturing all the necessary data on our developers.
- Build strong relationships with Country Directors, VPs, and C level execs to ensure that Learning is seen as a collaborative department interested in their success.
- 7+ years of experience in learning and development
- 2+ years in direct line management and managing and reporting on operational KPIs
- Extremely comfortable in the language of data analysis, and using data to drive decision making
- Experience with developing and managing a budget
- Proven ability to drive process improvement
- Keen attention to detail, ability to be self-sufficient and find creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a broad range of audiences particularly in a distributed environment
- Proven ability to manage to inspire teams to meet business commitments
- Passion for developing the next generation of technology leadership
- Strong creative, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in multiple countries and/or with international organizations
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission and core belief that brilliance is evenly distributed.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis between Andela’s development centers in Africa as well as to its US offices