Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
We are searching for an experienced director of software development to lead a stellar group of software engineers working on a state of the art cloud based marketplace platform.
- Manage / lead multiple groups of high performance software development engineers responsible for core / platform software functionality that serves as foundational building blocks / modules to support application oriented scrum delivery teams.
- Formulate development plans for new initiatives and drive towards stellar execution every step of the way.
- Foster strong communications with peers and executive leadership to ensure all teams remain in sync on plans and execution status.
- Manage and execute against project plans and deliver with high quality in a dynamic start-up oriented fast paced engineering environment.
- Leverage on best practices in software development in ensuring crisp execution at high velocity optimizing for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foster close working relationships across all engineering teams as well as outside groups including Product Management, Program Management, UX Design, and Data to ensure on time high quality deliverables.
- Team building: recruit, hire, mentor, and coach high caliber software development engineers and managers with demonstrated technical excellence in key software disciplines.
- Extensive experience in a hands-on software development role with demonstrated accomplishments in executing successfully on complex / challenging software project initiatives.
- Experience managing software development teams in dynamic, high growth, innovative engineering environments with demonstrated leadership skills spanning project planning / execution, people management, best practices process, and technical excellence.
- Experience managing managers in an innovative high performance software engineering development environment.
- Experience managing projects in a dynamic high energy scrum team based agile environment.
- Experience in planning out complex software initiatives intended for demanding large mission-critical customer environments.
- Working knowledge of best-in-class engineering methodologies / process infrastructure leveraging Atlassian, Jira, and Confluence tool suites.
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.