Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About this Role:
Andela is fully committed to delivering the right services and talent to the clients we serve. We provide our clients with remote IT engineers and leaders through managed services, outcome based projects and partially or fully integrated teams. The successful applicant will have (or now desire to have) a consulting background, have spent time as a senior data engineer working through builds of data warehouses, Lakes, Meshes, etc. You must have architectural experience in building real time and batch oriented solutions, as well as proven experience constructing solutions that meet the needs of data analysts and data scientists. Due to high demand, we are looking to expand our data practice area to further specialize in data engineering services.
Objectives of this Role
- In-Depth knowledge of data engineering processes, data pipelining and real time and batch oriented architectures.
- Working knowledge of modern data processing solutions (Apache Airflow, Kafka, python, etc)
- Build client facing presentations to highlight the Data Engineering Practice Area and our Data engineers in our talent network
- Provide consultative mentorship to our clients on their data engineering approaches and input in client proposals when vital
- Focus on joining up the vital partners across departments to assist in go-to-market strategies
- Build technical partnerships with commercial organizations such as: 3 major cloud providers, Astronomer, Confluent, etc. Fully vet them within the organization (Marketing, Sales, etc)
- Identify and train appropriate Andela talent on Data Engineering best practice
- Stay relevant and up to speed with latest data products & solutions
- Cross-sell data projects for key clients, growing revenue and producing case studies to promote the data insights services
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Partner with delivery teams to deliver on client projects in the areas of data engineering best practices
- Seek to understand Andela’s unique offering and further define our data engineering capabilities
- Examine data, processes, and technologies to evaluate the current state and critical problems for external client projects
- Train and mentor teams in data principles
Skills and Qualifications
- Phenomenal conceptual and hands-on experience with:
- Data Presentation and Visualization
- Data Orchestration
- Data Governance and Literacy
- Strong client-facing experience as a data consultant
- Keen eye for detail
- Proactive, self-sufficient, positive demeanor
- Quick on your feet and flexible demeanor
- 5-7 years of data experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Experience taking care of various senior partners across the business
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.