Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
Do you want to accelerate your software engineering career?
Join the Andela movement to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Kigali and other cities across Africa.
The Andela Technical Leadership Program
The Andela Technical Leadership Program is now a 9 months career Accelerator program implemented by Andela in partnership with the Ministry of ICT & Innovation. The program aims at empowering Rwandan nationals with the prerequisite software engineering skills to become world-class engineers. It also blends in soft skills training that is essential for professionals to thrive in any work environment, especially when working with a distributed team.
Software engineers who successfully complete the 9-month program will:
- Gain the technical and professional skills demanded by the world marketplace.
- Get access to Andela’s pool of technical mentors.
- Have the fastest track to your employability as a software engineer in the African Tech Ecosystem.
Through intensive learning, you’ll master the professional and technical skills you need to succeed as a software developer with the world’s top engineering teams.
We’ll do this in partnership, you bring a relentless desire to learn and level up and we’ll provide access to online resources, mentorship, and a community of passionate software developers to support you at every step of your journey.
Applicant should be:
- Rwandan Nationals
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to commit at least 6 hours to this program a day
- If you’re a university student, you must be in the final year of your education. University graduates are highly encouraged.
- Have basic skills in HTML, CSS & JS
- Able to communicate in English
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Stage 1: Online Application
Fill out the application form on this page. To prepare for the upcoming technical assessment, please go through the Curriculum
Stage 2: Selection Assessments
Once you submit your application, in preparation for the technical assessment, please attempt this Hackerrank sample test to get yourself familiar with the test platform. This is required to complete a technical assessment that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned.
On satisfactory completion of the technical assessment, you will receive a challenge of a basic web application.
English proficiency tests (both written and spoken) will also be administered to determine your level of grammar in the English language.
Stage 3: Interviews
Successful applicants who have passed both the assessments will be interviewed to determine their technical strength, communication skills and English fluency.
Phase 1: Core Concepts
Phase 2: Team Project
Successful candidates at the previous stage will advance to a 14-weeks active development phase, the following technical skills will be covered:
- PostgreSQL- An open-source SQL Database.
- Express JS - A fast, unopinionated, minimalist web framework for Node JS.
- Docker - An independent container platform that enables organizations to seamlessly build, run and share any application, anywhere.
Phase 3: Apprenticeship
The apprenticeship phase of the program takes 14 weeks and the apprentices get to work on real-world products with active users and integrate into distributed teams with our partner companies. Partner companies are the companies with whom we agree to have our Apprentices work to get the requisite experience they need.
Apply today and unlock your software development career!!
Program Schedule, Cohort 25
Application Deadline: October 6th, 2022
Entry assessments & Interview: October 7th, 2022 - October 28th, 2022
Core Concepts: October 31st, 2022 - December 23rd, 2022
Team Project: January 3rd, 2023 - April 6th, 2023
Apprenticeship: April 24th, 2023 - July 28th, 2023
Please take this schedule into consideration before applying. You are also required to;
- Comply with the naming convention in the form of First Name and Last Name as requested in the application form.
- Use the same name and email address to reapply if you have applied to Andela in the past.
[please note that the following benefits do not apply to this program]
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.