Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: Andelans pursue the best possible outcome and deliver it. They are relentless in raising the bar.
- Passion: Andelans relentlessly solve for the needs of our customers - both clients and talent.
- Integrity: Out teams start with trust and own our outcomes. We know that mistakes inevitably happen, and when they occur, they're flagged early to be solved as a team.
- Collaboration: We step up and step out for our fellow Andelan, when necessary, and realize that our sum is greater than their parts.
Who are you?
You work well under pressure, think out-of-the-box, easily initiate relaxed yet informative two-way phone and email conversations with prospects, and are highly self-motivated. You understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. You will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all services and the engineering industry in general.
- Researching potential engineering leader prospects, contacting them via phone, email, and social media, qualifying them, educating prospects about the services and scheduling meetings with the sales team in a high-activity, high-energy environment
- Independently build and manage your pipeline leveraging our outbound sales software, including Salesforce.com and Salesloft, setting aggressive goals and achieving them
- Provide smooth and value-add transitions into longer conversations with our Account Executives
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you build out your sales skill set and prepare for future roles
- Develop your sales skills via active participation in ongoing trainings
- Thrive with the support of your teammates in weekly meetings and challenging team contests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persistence and ability to focus on the task at hand
- The ability to triage competing priorities
- Track record of over-achieving goals, in the classroom, on the playing field, or in business
- 0-2+ years of work experience, start-up or trained sales experience a plus
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales
- Live Andela’s EPIC Values… professionalism and integrity are a must!
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.