Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
As a Sr. UX Researcher, you will help plan and conduct a variety of research projects that support product development roadmaps, including generative, evaluative, qualitative, and quantitative research. The research you produce will play a key role in informing our product and UX design decisions. You will report to our UX Research Manager and work closely with UX designers, product managers, product marketing, client-facing roles, developers, and other colleagues across the business.
This role is part of a new and rapidly growing product design team. We are a collaborative multidisciplinary team that is designing fast and thoughtfully for a global user base.
- Foster and grow user-research driven culture within the organization
- Work collaboratively with product and design leads to identify and prioritize research questions that support our product roadmap and business objectives
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing as necessary
- Communicate research insights in compelling actionable presentations, reports, and artifacts for designers, product managers, and other colleagues
- Teach and mentor designers and product managers on the value of UX research and various research methods
- Help advance our UX research practice by proposing improvements to our research processes as needed
- 4-7 years of experience in UX research or related field
- Track record of conducting impactful research
- Experience with conducting your own research operations (we are growing but for now we do not have a dedicated research operations function)
- Proven experience in end-to-end UX research process both in-person and remotely
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business environment
- Experience and understanding of the development process between engineering, product management and product design
- Experience and fluency with remote research tools (UserTesting, Optimal Workshop, dscout, etc.)
- Experience with remote collaboration tools (Mural, Miro, Lucidspark, Airtable, etc.)
- Familiarity with design systems and design tools such as Figma, Sketch.
- Experience working on a B2B product or experience
- Track record of working effectively with internal sales and customer success teams to collect customer feedback
- Experience working with external research vendors
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.