Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About The Role
Andela is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join our expanding Talent Marketing team. We are seeking someone who has experience in email marketing or digital marketing, building marketing campaigns from the ground up, ideally for a high-growth careers marketplace or talent network.
Reporting directly to the Senior Marketing Manager, Talent, the Lifecycle Manager will be responsible for building out Andela’s Lifecycle Marketing, leading the development of end to end marketing campaigns across Andela’s owned communications channels.
Using data and consumer insights, you will identify important behaviors and moments in a customer’s lifecycle journey. You will be in charge of launching new lifecycle programs and analyzing the results. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is excited about delivering an incredible marketing or community experience, and will be a passionate content writer who is self-motivated, data-focused and meeting deadlines.
- Define and develop Andela’s life cycle stages and strategies for all of our talent product offerings.
- Track progress to ensure all campaigns are on-schedule and are effectively meeting their goals.
- Improve and increase the lifetime value of the customer (talent) through partnering with marketing and in-house operational teams and implementing automated and once off lifecycle marketing campaigns across all communications channels (primarily on-site, email, mobile web and mobile app.) to increase community/customer engagement and retention.
- Own all nurture campaigns for each stage of the community member’s journey, which include onboarding, training, engagement, and retention.
- Drive focused experimentation and continuous improvement rooted in data to drive outsized results against customer retention, product adoption, advocacy, and expansion goals.
- Develop lifecycle roadmap and pioneer new journeys based on company need
- Partner with Brand, Growth, and Product Marketing to create marketing plans that brings the lifecycle of the customer to life
- Work with the Creative team to make copy and design edits that are optimized for user experience
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience at a software company, marketplace, or startup preferred.
- Experienced carrying out marketing campaigns, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy.
- Highly skilled at writing engaging copy for a technical or developer audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important.
- Expertise in crafting marketing personas and targeting them with personalized content.
- Diligent and determined, with the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A data-driven and customer-centric approach with the ability to test and measure the intangible (engagement, sentiment, etc.)
- Curious, humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business and community initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the community, talent marketing, product, learning, and talent operations teams to familiarize yourself with our goals, roadmap, and processes. Note any observations.
- Get onboard with our martech stack and learn about our channels and audiences
- Investigate and understand our automation and communications map
In the first three months:
- Deliver your near to mid term roadmap
- You should be in a rhythm of delivering on key tasks throughout the business by now (communications requests, life cycle strategies).
In the first six months:
- Talent onboarding and engagement levels are rising with clear and visible activity happening across all community channels.
- You have partnered with the Regional Marketing Leaders, Talent Partnerships, Talent Operations, and Growth teams across all focus areas, and they are in-sync working with you and your team to define community marketing initiatives and campaigns up-front as well as monitor and gauge their success over time.
- You own our omni-channel platform and started AB testing campaigns for strategic acquisition and onboarding sequences.
In the first year:
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and the business relies on you to consistently shepherd the release of high quality products that our community loves.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve our communications and processes, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
* Interested candidates, please note that English resumes would be preferred.
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.