Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the role
Andela is seeking to expand the Matching Specialist team within the Data Specialization` that plays a critical role in the process of connecting our customers with the very best Data-specialized engineers in Andela’s talent network for their needs.
The team lies in the Talent Business Unit of Andela that is in charge of facilitating the entire journey of talents from top-of-the-funnel, sourcing, assessment, to matching them with clients and jobs, as well as community activities, and ensuring phenomenal talent experience in each step of the process.
In this role, you will sit at the nexus of the Talent Unit and be the key link between the talents from the network and customers. The Matching Specialist team is specifically in charge of matching clients/jobs and talents from the network through a number of activities including:
- client-facing activities such as gathering, documenting, and communicating client requirements based on their business, technical, cultural, and resourcing needs
- talent-facing activities such as searching, identifying, vetting, and placing the best qualified Andela engineer(s) to meet those needs.
- a set of other activities that support the whole Matching process
Data Matching Specialist need to have a solid understanding in the Data domain - DBA, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, BI, Data Architecture, Data Science, ML/AI etc, and be up to date with those technologies, engineering concepts, and have an understanding of the engineering lifecycle in that domain in order to be able and proficient to discuss, and understand client’s needs, be able to advise on pros and cons of different solutions and give guidance on hiring strategies, as well as set the right expectations regarding feasibility, budget, timelines and turnaround times. You will also use this knowledge to accurately search for talents (using our internal tools), and evaluate their suitability for the role, prep them and support them throughout the interview process.
In your day-to-day, you will be responsible for running your portfolio of open jobs, pushing them through the funnel, updating all the systems with accurate information, and collaborating with many different teams in order to deliver on that.
This position requires a highly organized individual with a curiosity about operations, talent, and engineering, who is also able to understand the top-level vision of the organization and translate that into action advised at growing the Practice Area. You must be comfortable navigating ambiguity and working across cross-cultural teams in a fast-paced environment as well as being capable of motivating a team of impactful individuals to meet their objectives.
- Be responsible for the entire Matching Process from capturing requirements to placing an engineer on the job
- Understand customer’s needs and be able to optimally craft and convey the best solution that fits their unique needs, including advising on likely resourcing strategies, expected timelines, and any talent-related constraints
- Translate business and functional requirements from clients into detailed technical specifications to aid in matching clients with the appropriate engineers
- Own resourcing logistics and matchmaking, while providing insight into the process to relevant teams
- Provide clarity on the availability of our engineers to revenue-driving teams and collaborate closely with recruiters to proactively bolster available talent with in-demand skills
- When talent supply is unavailable, partner with recruiting team to strategize the best solution
- Develop a deep understanding of engineers currently available, including their technical abilities, prior industry experience, and growth desires
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in Andela’s systems around engineer profiles, availability, and engagements
- Conduct informative and pre-vetting sessions with engineers concerning the placement and resourcing process
- Perform activities related to supporting customer accounts, and engagements including preparation, onboarding, delivery management
- Actively participate in driving growth to Andela’s network and customer accounts
- Take part in crafting and improving the team’s processes, policies, platform support
- Maintain deep awareness of trends in software development and standard methodologies in distributed work
- Contribute to the growth and improvement of the Data Practice
- Four-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business, Operations, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the Data roles (Data Engineer, Data Science, Data Architect, AI/ML…).
- Understanding of the entire SDLC/ADLC in different areas of Technology
- [For Ent team] 2+ years in Enterprise client-facing, operationally-focused role, ideally interacting with mid-to senior-level technology executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present sophisticated information clearly and keep track of multiple work streams at once
- Experience interacting directly with customers and have a customer-oriented approach
- Great relationship skills/stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed environment
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box, strategically and act tactically about business, customers, product, and technical challenges
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.