Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our platform team and help build robust and scalable applications, looking at the rapid growth and increasing market demand. Based on an Event Driven Architecture from a platform standpoint, we have a service ecosystem that communicates both through APIs and events, in a cloud/containerized environment. We also support multiple integration points, including big data processing, machine learning, ERP, SSO, and more in the pipeline.
You’ll be working together with product experts, UX/Visual designers, managers, VPs, in order to create the best product. There’s plenty of space for discussing technical decisions and bringing up new ideas, even running a PoC on those. As we’re all remotely located, work time is flexible and we adapt to multiple time zones around the globe, as long as communication flows.
Technology wise you’ll use nodeJS with express, in an event-driven/domain-driven context, for which we use a custom message broker implementation, noSQL for read models (as well as SQL also for more structured data) and multiple integrations in a GCP Kubernetes cluster. Our frontend is based on ReactJS and shared components, where efficiency and performance are key.
Our architecture task force is in charge of our system design and we’re proud pioneers in following brand new approaches, such as event storming, event sourcing, Reactive.
- Develop features and improvements to Andela products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Other Engineers, DevOps professionals, Product Managers, Designers, to solve common goals and maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, incremental context.
- Conduct Code Review within our Code Review Guidelines and ensure your colleagues' contributions receive a swift response.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Translate requirements into Conceptual Designs and Technical Designs
- Excellent communication skills
- Git advanced knowledge
- Experience in ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with database modeling (ERD/ERM) and migrations
- Significant experience with API Creation & modeling (REST/RESTful)
- Experience with Integration tests
- Docker and containerisation
- Knowledgeable about Software Design Principles, e.g.: Abstraction, Encapsulation, Decomposition, Generalization, Coupling and Cohesion, Separation of Concerns
- Understanding of scaling applications to handle high data traffic
- Event driven development and asynchronous communication
- DDD, Event Sourcing, Event Storming, Architectural patterns
- NoSQL databases
- Requirements refinement
- Clean Code / Clean Architecture, Design patterns
- GCP, Kubernetes, Helm
- CI / CD
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.