Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the role
The Data Business Analyst role is charged with ensuring that data and analytics solutions will meet their business objectives. This includes capturing and refining requirements that define the business objectives, as well as planning and implementing quality assurance activities against the data solutions.
- Interview business stakeholders and conduct a detailed analysis of systems and business processes in detailing and clarifying backlog requirements.
- Act as a translator between and trusted advisor to the business stakeholders and technical delivery teams, ensuring objectives and acceptance are clear for both sides.
- Build and execute progression and regression test scenarios in accordance with established functional acceptance criteria, automating where possible.
- Plan and facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Manage defects uncovered through the course of testing.
- Identify and help implement improvements to the processes and tools that drive the team’s requirements elicitation and quality assurance.
- 5+ years of proven experience in an analytics and systems development capacity.
- High proficiency with SQL for appropriate analysis and testing.
- Deep experience with test planning, data creation (if vital), and execution.
- Experience with back-end database test automation (DBT, Python, etc.).
- Experience with front-end/data visualization test automation.
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.