Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the role
Andela’s two-sided marketplace is a multifaceted hub of experienced talent and leading companies with exciting challenges related to pricing, matching, marketplace health, go-to-market campaigns and many others. Data Science is a key weapon at Andela to attack these problems. We employ a wide variety of approaches including but not limited to system dynamics and simulation, machine learning on both structured and unstructured data, recommendation algorithms, and combinatorial optimization. A Data Scientist at Andela will be involved in building ground breaking solutions often embedded in products serving both the marketplace and various business functions. You will be defining solution architecture, crafting the appropriate machine learning / optimization / experimentation model and guiding the execution of this model in collaboration with the Andela data, engineering and product teams.
- Work with the Principal Data Scientist and other business partners to identify problem domains and corresponding data science approaches
- Develop the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) version of the solution
- Deploy the solution in production in collaboration with the data, engineering and product teams
- Graduate degree (MS/Ph.D.) in quantitative field such as Economics / Statistics / Operations Research / Computer Science
- 2-3 years work experience applying quantitative methods to business problems
- Flexibility in working with a variety of data science approaches
- Hands-on with coding, Python strongly preferred
- Nice-to-have: proficiency in mathematical modeling
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.