Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
About the role
Andela is seeking a very strong individual who will be responsible to lead our brand new Project & Product Management Practice. In this role, you’ll be in charge of growing and refining Matching and Assessment operations for Project/Product Management talent in Andela’s talent network or, in general, scoping and fulfilling talent-based solutions of distributed Project/Product Management teams across complex roles with recommendations for team composition, seniority distribution, and pricing to senior tech leaders at our clients as well as co-owning the P&L for the Project & Product Management Practice alongside the commercial leg of the business.
From a Matching perspective and in partnership with the Revenue team, the Matching team is responsible for two primary areas:
- Gathering, documenting, and communicating client requirements based on their business, technical, cultural, and resourcing needs
- Identifying, vetting, and placing the best qualified Andela project/product manager(s) to meet those needs.
And from an Assessment perspective and in partnership with both the Talent Acquisition and Matching teams, the Assessment team is responsible for:
- Identifying, vetting, and ensuring world-class Project/Product Managers enter Andela’s talent network
- Own a big part of the feedback loop with other teams to course-correct and optimize the Assessment process in a continuous improvement manner.
Our clients today range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. CTOs, engineering, and other leaders at these organizations supplement their teams with Andela talent who range in background, technical expertise, and seniority. Effectively matching the best technical teams for our partners’ needs is at the crux of our value proposition.
This position requires a highly organized individual with an interest in operations, talent, and Project/Product Management, who is also able to understand the top-level vision of the organization and translate that into action directed at growing the talent community at Andela working with SMB and Enterprise clients. You must be comfortable navigating ambiguity and working across cross-cultural teams in a fast-paced environment as well as being capable of motivating a team of high-performing individuals to meet their objectives.
- Co-own growth of the Project & Product Management Practice within Andela in terms of revenue generation and operational efficiency alongside the commercial lead of the Project & Product Management Practice
- Train individuals on the team to understand the diverse clients’ needs and be able to effectively craft and convey the best solution that fits their unique needs, including advising on likely resourcing strategies, expected timelines, and any talent-related constraints as well as on them owning resourcing logistics and matchmaking on all engagements (new and upsells), while providing insight into the process to relevant teams
- Hire, onboard, and ensure the success of every team member
- Be comfortable with operating under a methodic and data-driven approach to work. A big component of this will be to ensure that individuals on your team are entering the right information wherever it belongs in the most precise, well-written, and clear manner
- Work with other organizational leaders within Talent Operations and other functions at Andela to serve our clients’ and talents’ needs using a world-class, client and talent centric type of approach.
- Strong background in both Digital Project and Product Management
- Prior experience leading teams of Project/Product Managers and/or highly-performing individuals
- Prior experience in client-facing roles on an individual contributor level
- A highly collaborative spirit
- A very strong sense of data accuracy and data-oriented decision making
- Strong Computer Science or related technical background.
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.