Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
Andela’s Product Team is at the intersection of people, process, and technology. We’re working closely with engineers, operations teams, and users to build a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) and some of the best companies in the world (opportunity). We believe that the future of work hinges on successful remote work relationships, and we are building products to solve for this. We are a small team, rapidly expanding and eager to make an impact.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers and designers to define, build, and launch critical initiatives that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. We’re looking for an experienced product manager who will use research and data to define strategy for a category of products, and who is at the same time a world-class executor. We need problem solvers, creative thinkers, and people who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- Define, scope, and prioritize Andela’s Client Side Marketplace Product roadmap; you will own an entire product category.
- Own and lead all aspects of an established agile team: writing user stories and acceptance criteria, backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, demos, end to end product execution, cross-functional leadership.
- Communicate product direction, progress, delivery, launch, and mitigation plans to all relevant team members and business partners.
- Establish and maintain credibility within engineering, the business, and our users.
- Conduct user research and data analysis to assess opportunities, risks, and business plans.
- Set adoption targets and continuously analyze data to assess the success of a product and inform product direction.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing product suite.
- Become acquainted with your area of focus, peers, partners, and your product goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with your engineering team to familiarize yourself with the backlog.
- Work with senior team members to develop and prioritize your high level roadmap.
- Form relationships with your business partners and start understanding end user personas.
- Take over all current initiatives.
In the first three months:
- Fully be responsible for a product category, working with other team members to complete research and prioritization for the next major release.
- Ship features that deliver high business value.
- Fully embed yourself in your engineering team and take ownership of all product management activities.
- Monitor the success and adoption of any product features shipped against company goals.
- Understand Andela business processes that fall under your area of responsibility and propose new ways to scale those processes with product.
- Run partner meetings/initiatives to evangelize and push adoption of the product roadmap.
- Establish yourself as a well known, key player within the product team and within Andela.
In the first six months:
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering against company and product goals.
- Mentor more junior product team members.
- Consistently re-evaluate the roadmap and backlog to seamlessly respond to changing market and business priorities.
- Work with engineering to continuously improve development processes and practices within your team.
- Give to the development of the product management team by introducing new insights/initiatives and pushing for the maturation of existing processes.
In the first year:
- Define your category’s product strategy and plan for expansion.
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently ship high quality products that our users love.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
- Discover new product opportunities and actively give to the overall Andela product direction.
- 5+ years of product management experience at a software company, marketplace or B2B preferred. 7+ years overall work experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease.
- Technical fluency; you don’t have to be an engineer, but you do need to speak the language.
- Ability to build wireframes and mockups, with an interest in keeping things simple.
- Solid understanding of how to truly propose and build a lean MVP and scope out further landmarks for a product or feature.
- Detail oriented and a high bar for quality when it comes to writing stories, acceptance criteria, launch plans, and testing a feature before greenlighting its launch to users.
- Strong project management with the ability to identify and communicate blockers, next steps, and progress.
- Strong analytic skills and fluency with data, with the ability to use a variety of tools to capture and synthesize information (experience with Google Analytics, BigQuery, Looker a major plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable PMs who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.