Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
As the first Product Analyst within Andela’s Product team, you’ll be encouraged to use your analytical expertise, product sense, and interpersonal skills to drive a variety of high-impact projects. You will work directly with product teams to help launch features, measure adoption, and transform our marketplace. Outside product work, you’ll contribute to our broader analytics team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English proficiency is required.
- Conduct data analysis to deliver business recommendations to Product and Executive stakeholders, crafting visual displays of quantitative information.
- Use data to understand trends in user behavior and product usage to influence strategy and find opportunities to maximize long term growth
- Partner with Product to help develop KPIs and goals for features, monitor performance against those KPIs, build and provide regular performance reports based on existing and new features
- Drive product strategy by proposing and conducting quantitative research into key user behaviors and business trends, in partnership with product managers, engineers, designers, and other team members
- Design and analyze A/B tests and conduct other forms of causal inference, to help us continuously learn about our users
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through accessible data table design and maintenance
- Collaborate with, mentor, and help recruit team members
- 3+ years of analytics/data experience
- Passion for problem-solving, critical thinking, and data
- Advanced in SQL
- Sharp business/product judgment and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, and compelling explainer
- Familiarity with basic statistical, machine learning, and econometric concepts
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to succeed.
- Familiarity with Product Analytics tooling (i.e. Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform & Google BigQuery
- Experience in relevant tech companies, e.g., consumer-facing or marketplace
- Experience in an analytical environment outside of analytics, e.g., management consulting
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, math, data science, computer science, or economics
- Familiarity with advanced statistical, machine learning, and econometric concepts, e.g., fixed effects models, decision trees, SVMs, etc.
- Expertise with applying predictive modeling techniques (model training, logistic regression etc.), statistics and information retrieval methods to real-world data
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.