Enterprise Talent Partner
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
Andela is seeking a Senior Enterprise Talent Partner that will be part of the Talent Partner team that plays an important role in the process of connecting our customers with the very best engineers in Andela’s talent network for their needs. This is a highly collaborative role and in partnership with other teams (Sales, Client Support, Talent Recruiting, Talent Assessment and others), and this team is responsible for three primary areas:
- Gathering, documenting, and communicating customer requirements based on their business, technical, cultural, and resourcing needs.
- Identifying, vetting, and placing the best qualified Andela engineer(s) to meet those needs.
- Preparing, onboarding chosen engineer(s) to jobs, following up to ensure success, delivery and quality, offboarding at the end of the job
In this role, you will sit at the nexus of our talent network and be the key link between the network and Enterprise customers. On the customer end, engineering leaders are looking to augment their teams with Andela engineers who range in background, technical expertise, and seniority. The primary goals are:
- To successfully match our clients with the best placed engineers who can successfully drive their projects across the finish line
- To enable engineers to work with renowned Enterprise companies on exciting projects and gain experiences that help them to learn and grow; and
- To ensure the best experience for both. Effectively matching the best technical teams for our customer’s needs is at the crux of our value proposition.
- This position requires a highly organized self-starter with an interest in operations, talent, and engineering. You must be comfortable navigating ambiguity and working across cross-cultural teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand customer’s needs and be able to effectively craft and convey the best solution that fits their unique needs, including advising on likely resourcing strategies, expected timelines, and any talent-related constraints
- Translate business and functional requirements from clients into documented technical specifications to aid in matching clients with the appropriate engineers
- Own resourcing logistics and matchmaking, while providing insight into the process to relevant teams
- Provide transparency on the availability of our engineers to revenue driving teams and liaise with recruiters to proactively bolster available talent with in-demand skills
- When talent supply is unavailable, partner with recruiting team to strategize the best solution
- Develop a deep understanding of engineers currently available, including their technical skillset, prior industry experience, and growth desires
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in Andela’s systems around engineer profiles, availability, and engagements
- Conduct informational and pre-vetting sessions with engineers concerning the placement and resourcing process
- Perform activities related to supporting customer accounts, and engagements including preparation, onboarding, delivery management
- Actively participate in driving growth to Andela’s network and customer accounts
- Take part in creating and improving team’s processes, policies, platform support
- Mentor and train newcomers and more junior team members
- Maintain deep awareness of trends in software development and best practices in distributed work
- Four-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business, Operations, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience working in software development, technology consulting, or technical product/project management
- 2+ years in Enterprise client-facing, operationally-focused role, ideally interacting with mid- to senior-level technology executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple work streams at once
- Experience interacting directly with customers and have customer-oriented approach
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box, strategically and act tactically about business, customers, product, and technical challenges
- Understanding of software development processes, testing methodologies, and deployment processes
- Familiarity with technology concepts including, but not limited to: cloud computing, mobile, applications design/development/hosting, DevOps, IoT, databases, analytics, machine learning, algorithms, networking, security, storage, continuous integration and deployment, APIs, micro-services, containerization, and site reliability engineering
- Experience working in and with distributed teams
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.