Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Andela is pushing the boundaries of the future of work, hiring exceptional talent across the world as part of our distributed organization. We are looking to add to our team an experienced Director-level leader and expert to shape and guide our global learning and talent philosophy and initiatives. This role will be a key leader on the People leadership team and by partnering with People and business leaders, will be responsible for one of the most important things at Andela - actively developing, engaging and retaining the best talent to grow our business and grow great careers that are meaningful to them personally.
The Director of People Success at Andela will be responsible for building out a team focused on assessing the learning and talent needs across the organization, developing scalable programs in response to identified needs, and executing these programs globally. In addition, this role will help ensure that all learning, leadership and people development, and talent succession programs are aligned to meet and exceed our overall business priorities.
We’re looking for someone who can take a unique and creative approach to creating a future-focused and effective global learning ecosystem, which inspires and enables impactful development experiences and a dynamic, ongoing culture of learning. If that sounds like you, we’d be excited to connect with you!
- Develop and implement a global and inclusive learning strategy and roadmap aligned to key business priorities and the Andela employee lifecycle
- Develop and maintain a dynamic learning ecosystem supported by a robust learning infrastructure that includes needs assessment, content development, delivery and facilitation leveraging internal and external resources, and evaluation & reporting of the effectiveness of all learning initiatives and programs
- Design and deliver a comprehensive range of learning content and programs targeted at various segments of the organization including early-stage, high-potential, people and executive leadership development
- Implement and drive an effective communications strategy to increase awareness of, access to, and utilization of learning offerings available to our various populations
Performance Management & Talent Development
- Lead the evolution of the performance management experience at Andela, including a refresh of our philosophy, approach, and supporting tools/platforms
- Support leaders and HRBPs in cultivating a high growth- and performance-oriented culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritising fairness and objectivity
- Partner with functional leaders and HR business partners to understand talent needs and help design talent development programs to align with our org strategy and priorities
- Support leaders, managers and HR business partners on facilitating talent mapping and reviews, defining succession plans for the organization, and ensuring talent outcomes and actions are implemented
- Collaborate with leaders and HR business partners to ensure robust talent plans and programs are in place for key talent segments, including executive and senior leadership, high potentials, and succession candidates, to enhance talent capability and ability to assume increased levels of responsibility and influence
- Build and deliver on a medium- to long-term roadmap for the transition of all function- and role-specific learning and training across the different internal functions into the People Success team
- Play a key role in shaping and guiding the design and delivery of our internal career management strategy, including functional competency models, functional career pathing, and individual development planning
- Support HR business partners in connecting employees and managers to compelling career growth opportunities including mentorship, coaching, and advising on career opportunities
- Drive diversity, equity and inclusion throughout all of our People programs and initiatives, including learning and talent, and provide interim support for internal DEI initiatives including Andela Affinity Groups (AAGs)
Learning & Talent Team Leadership
- Build, lead and develop a team of learning and talent professionals through effective coaching and performance management
- Build and maintain learning and talent scorecards that tracks and measures the success of our learning and talent initiatives and offerings
- Lead identification, selection, contract negotiation, and relationship development for learning and training vendors/platforms/service or content providers
- Minimum of 10 years experience in learning and development. In addition, experience in one or more of the following areas highly preferred: talent assessment, organizational development initiatives, change management, DEI, and performance management
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing enterprise-wide learning/talent strategies and programs
- Knowledge and experience with LMS systems, talent and project management tools, and integration of systems to support the business
- Proven experience designing, leading and and motivating a high-performing learning/talent team
- Ability to demonstrate creative and big-picture thinking along with a strong process orientation
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to influence across all levels in the organization
- Experience leading and prioritizing multiple projects within an ambiguous or constantly evolving environment
- Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder management, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Data and technology savvy, and willingness to experiment with new approaches
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Opportunity to work and partner with passionate and committed colleagues
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.