Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long-term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
As the Senior Designer, you will be working closely with the Art Director and Creative Director to implement and produce high-quality creative solutions for our brand and campaign initiatives. You will have the opportunity to take the lead on various projects. The Senior Designer will handle the day-to-day design of multiple projects and lead junior members of the creative team, providing them with guidance and inspiration. You need to understand the unique needs of each of our areas of business and help maintain and develop our brand identity.
You are comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively and are able to take a concept from idea right through to execution.
- Distil, decode and deconstruct creative briefs into brilliantly designed collateral
- Establishes and ensures delivery of art direction from concept to delivery
- May lead project work with the ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time
- Effectively critique work of others and can explain design direction.
- A sophisticated understanding of aesthetics and able to present design strategy and solutions to various audiences
- 6+ years of professional experience
- Expert in graphic design, digital design and typography is mandatory
- An exciting portfolio with relevant work examples (including digital)
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) and Figma (or something similar)
- A thorough understanding of design applications including print-production processes, UI/UX principles, and responsive web capabilities.
- Ability to assess and deliver in a fast-paced environment where the deadlines are yesterday and the tasks keep rolling in.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.