Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
Andela is looking for a Sr. Cloud Solution Architect who can build Cloud capabilities to help secure engagements, deploy Talent and Solutions for our top global clients. You will be responsible for leveraging your expertise in the Cloud space to strategize the offerings, create Go To Market plans and evaluate and develop a comprehensive partnership/alliance strategy. We are looking for someone who has strong technical skills, a customer-centric philosophy combined with a growth mentality.
You'll use your Cloud experience to build upon and create specializations to successfully scale our business. In doing so, you’ll work closely with the Head of Data and Cloud Practice and other functional leaders across Sales, Marketing and Talent Operations.
- Reports to our Head of Data and Cloud Practice Leader
- Act as Subject Matter Expert, provide expertise related to cloud architectures and demonstrate ability to make the complexity of cloud architecture easily understood by colleagues and clients
- Create or expand upon cloud provider partnerships
- Create specializations with existing talent while identifying new specialization opportunities, develop expertise and identify new talent needs
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in the time frame committed
- Grow revenue by maximizing the potential of existing relationships while working concurrently with teams seeking to gain additional accounts.
- Have proven complex enterprise technology experience, including expertise with cloud products in a metered and subscription model
- Ensure existing or new environments are suitable for Andela and client software engineers
- Become a trusted consulting partner internally and to our clients:
- Architect full modern SDLC cloud process with clients (development/DevOps) as well as data migration activities
- Ensure delivered solutions meet and perform to requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Recommend to the Andela talent organization appropriate talent needs for our client cloud implementations
- Ensure projects are delivered to the scope committed
- Build technical roadmap with client and software engineering
- 10-12+ years of experience
- Strong background in scripting and automation in languages such as Python, PERL, and Bash.
- Thorough understanding of Hybrid Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Strong background in bulk data (Data Lakes, EDW, etc) and cloud data migration strategies
- Experience with automation and configuration management
- Strong background with source control management systems
- Deep technical experience in systems operations/management, database architecture, virtualization, IP networking, storage, IT security and Linux system administration.
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways, and application integration development and design.
- Experience with net new business and account management teams
- High EQ with empathetic/servant leadership style and strong critical thinking.
- Experience operating cross-functionally to drive strategic initiatives that impact product roadmap and general business direction.
- Highly strategic thinker, able to inform on where to invest and Geo expansion.
- Proven ability to hit and exceed revenue goals
- Comfortable presenting to C-level decision-makers as well as to VPs of engineering/product.
- You have the ability to network inside and outside the company to obtain the resources and information you need to drive an initiative.
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners to solve hard problems; you are a model for intra-company collaboration.
- Experience with net new business and account management teams
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.