Manager, Talent Operations
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our expanding Talent Experience team. You will lead our small but mighty Operations team. Our team ensures that all the processes that allow Talent to join the network and be matched with roles operate seamlessly. This includes talent contract signing, background checks, as well as ensuring the talent has the right equipment and is getting paid every month. This role would be suited to someone who has previous experience in a generalist operational role in a start-up or scale up or who has experience automating processes within a people operations department.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. We’re looking to hire someone immediately, but for the right candidate we’re willing to wait as well. English fluency is required.
- Lead the Operations team to ensure that the operational elements of the Talent’s journey with Andela are smooth and efficient
- Own, maintain and update all processes that the Operations team run so that the team can step into any process at short notice and / or that the process is automated where possible
- Optimise the existing processes and liaise with the Product and Revenue Operations teams to ensure as many processes are automated and built into existing tools/platforms.
- Lead on any cross functional requests or requirements from other teams that need to be performed by the Operations team
- Set clear metrics for success in the Operations team and set a roadmap to achieving success for the team which would have a north star of ensuring we connect talented people with opportunities quickly, with ease for the talent and efficiently for internal stakeholders
- Ensure feedback loops are set-up with the leaders and managers of other departments to ensure the root causes of any recurring issues are investigated, resolved and communicated quickly
- Importantly, as it is a small team, you are willing to roll up your sleeves, execute on processes and take a customer or team member escalation on yourself and see it through to resolution.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a generalist operations in a start-up or scale up environment or in people operations role
- Experience with people and team management
- A strong knowledge of automation and no-code tools including Gsuite, Zapier, Airtable and similar applications
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user-facing team with a high bar for quality, and a willingness to lead by example
- Clear and demonstrated cross-functional experience with the ability to communicate clearly about issues and bring people together to ensure our Talent’s expectations are exceeded
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business and community initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the product, talent operations, and community teams to familiarize yourself with the goals, roadmap, and processes. Note any observations.
- Understand current talent support processes and take over any in-flight initiatives or cross-functional meetings/groups
- Have a full and clear understanding of all the duties and responsibilities of the team and what the pain points are for talent and the internal team
- Start to build your roadmap for the team and our processes
In the first three months:
- Start to truly lead the Operations team, be the go-to-person for the wider team to raise requests and own the transformation of our processes to ensure that everything the team is doing is efficient and clear
- You are able to connect with stakeholders across the business to resolve and escalate issues and help troubleshoot with those teams.
- Execute on the mid-term roadmap
In the first six months:
- You have partnered with the Client, IT, People and Talent teams across all focus areas, and they are in a rhythm of working with you and your team to deliver optimal services to our talent.
- You have a great relationship with the Talent Support and Delivery teams and will understand if there are any areas of improvement that need to be owned and addressed by the Talent Operations team.
In the first year:
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently deliver high quality and speedy resolutions for customers
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team and its processes, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.