Manager, Community Support
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Support Manager to join our expanding Talent Experience team. You will lead our small but mighty Support team, ensure our systems are customer centric and liaise with other teams to ensure our talent are receiving quick and quality feedback on their issues. This role would be suited to someone who has previous experience in customer support and has been responsible for the set-up or improvement of a small customer support system.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. We’re looking to hire someone immediately, but for the right candidate we’re willing to wait as well. English fluency is required.
- Lead the Support team to ensure our Talent Support experience is exceptional for any and all requests raised
- Create and maintain a service catalogue of all key issues and resolution pathways
- Optimise the support and ticketing system in Zendesk to ensure Engineers get the best possible support across all topics including IT, People, or Talent Operations through optimising the workflows for talent, implementing macros and monitoring response times.
- Set-up and lead an ongoing Cross-Functional Support group which would track SLAs and triage tickets across teams.
- Set clear metrics for success for talent support and work with the cross functional support team to set and enforce SLAs
- Ensure feedback loops are set-up with other departments to ensure the root causes of any recurring issues are investigated and resolved
- Importantly, as it is a small team, you are willing to roll up your sleeves and take a customer escalation on.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in a Customer Support role in a technology company
- Experience managing support tools, such as chat/ticketing platforms, CRMs, etc. Specific experience with Zendesk and/or Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong operational background
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user-facing team with a high bar for quality, and a willingness to lead by example.
- Clear and demonstrated cross-functional experience with the ability to communicate clearly about issues and bring people together to ensure our Talent/Customer support needs are exceeded
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business and community initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the product, talent operations, and community teams to familiarize yourself with the goals, roadmap, and processes. Note any observations.
- Understand current talent support processes and take over any in-flight initiatives or cross-functional meetings/groups
- Start building your roadmap for the team and our processes
- Start creating the master service catalogue and how the team will work together
In the first three months:
- Deliver your near to mid term roadmap
- Understand what success looks like in Support and own the transformation of our Support processes to ensure that success is within sight
- You are able to connect with stakeholders across the business to escalate consistent issues and help troubleshoot with those teams to ensure a root cause is identified.
In the first six months:
- You have partnered with the IT, Client, Community and Talent Operations teams across all focus areas, and they are in a rhythm of working with you and your team to deliver optimal support for our talent.
- You have a great relationship with the Talent Operations team and have a feedback loop in place to ensure we can escalate and update processes quickly and easily for the benefit of our Talent
In the first year:
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently deliver high quality and speedy resolutions for customers
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team and its processes, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.