Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
Andela is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join the Marketing Team! As a key member of our Marketing organization, you’ll play an integral role in Andela’s public brand and image to expand our business globally. You’ll work closely with our marketing, creative, and content teams to bring Andela’s story and expertise to the world. You will keep a pulse on all things Andela, find great narratives, and share relevant news and announcements. You’ll leverage your skills to build a stellar external communications strategy and connect us with both of our customers; clients and talent.
- Develop social media strategy and bring our brand personality to life
- Coordinate all social media activities and manage a posting schedule and submission process for all accounts
- Collaborate closely with content, creative, and marketing teams to ensure the right information is being shared effectively at the right time
- Manage social inquiries and requests and forward to relevant teams
- Create content and themes for posts
- Monitor, analyze and communicate social results on a regular basis
- Evaluate pulse and sentiment with strong social listening skills
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients/talent and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- 2+ years of social media experience at a SaaS, talent, marketplace, or startup preferred. Ideally you should have managed a strategy and posting for this entire period.
- Proven working experience in social media required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful social media campaigns in emerging markets and internationally
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable navigating key messaging and responses
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (US English)
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to measure the intangible (engagement, sentiment, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business and community initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the marketing and executive teams and take note of key stakeholders, topical experts, and begin maintaining a list for social posts.
- Take over any in-flight initiatives or cross-functional meetings/groups
- Understand current company roadmap and begin developing your corresponding Social Media plan
- Conduct a full social media audit of our accounts, owners, etc.
In the first three months:
- Deliver your near to mid term roadmap of your strategy which would include a consolidation of accounts
- Deliver on an initial engagement analytics framework that we can visit in a repeatable fashion.
- You should be in a rhythm of delivering on key tasks throughout the business by now (communications requests, posting content, etc.).
- Be the go-to face of Andela Social Media for both external partners and internal staff members.
In the first six months:
- Brand, social, and website engagement levels are rising with clear and visible activity happening across all channels.
- Become the go-to advisor and consultant for teams in the business when they have new questions they need to answer, or require a new perspective on how to solve a business problem.
In the first year:
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently shepherd the release of high quality releases that generate meaningful traction with our target audiences.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team and its processes, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.