Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
Andela is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Securities and Corporate (7+ years experience) to join its growing Legal team, working remotely. The Senior Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel.
- Lead all areas related to the company’s securities laws matters and related compliance, including IPO readiness, investor relations, proxy management, and SEC reporting and disclosures as needed.
- Design and implement the policies, procedures and controls required for corporate legal compliance, including corporate governance programs.
- Support corporate secretary function – draft corporate governance materials, including resolutions, minutes, and other materials for meetings of the board and its committees.
- Oversee the company’s equity plan.
- Support the execution of M&A and fundraising transactions.
- Corporate entity creation and management, including for international expansion.
Job Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast-paced global environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely and independently, but also to accept direction from the General Counsel.
- Superior contract drafting skills–understand the “power of the pen.”
Minimum Experience Required:
- 7+ years of experience in legal practice; corporate law experience within a nationally recognized law firm. IPO experience required
- Deep experience with US Securities, including SEC reporting, securities law compliance and corporate governance; structuring and negotiating M&A and financing transactions; and managing subsidiaries
- In-house experience at a hypergrowth late-stage startup is preferred
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar (NY preferred)
Our Legal Team:
Andela’s growing Legal team is a small but mighty team of legal professionals helping build remote engineering teams to ensure that opportunity is evenly distributed across the world. The group is located remotely in the U.S. (New York) and Nigeria (Lagos), and we collaborate closely together and with the business. We believe strongly in working from our Andela EPIC Values and developing a unique, diverse and equitable Andela culture. Our team values flexibility and thrives in an environment that is constantly expanding and changing as Andela grows. We have high integrity, excellent judgment, and are committed to excellence and rigor in our work. We seek intellectual curiosity balanced by an entrepreneurial mindset and look for ways to innovate in our practice
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.