About Andela :
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Andela is looking for a Global Payroll Manager to join its People Team. In this role, you will lead and manage all aspects of payroll for employees across the globe. You will support global expansion and provide insight for 3rd party vendors to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries.
You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high-growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical payroll processes. The successful candidate will be someone who is looking to create a global payroll process and build a team in a rapidly growing company.
- This role will oversee and supervise the payroll function, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with local government regulations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll processes in order to provide recommendations and solutions to management for opportunities to streamline and further automate existing processes
- Lead payroll team in providing excellent service by resolving issues and answering payroll related questions in a timely manner
- Support various external, payroll and agency audits
- Review quarterly and annual payroll tax filings; ensure all local statutory payroll and fringe benefit reporting requirements are met
- Respond to tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Other projects as needed.
- 7+ years of work experience in payroll leadership, including management of in-house payroll
- Global payroll experience required
- Working knowledge of payroll procedures, laws, taxes, and best practices. Open to work with consultants to understand compliance requirements and implement processes to manage compliance
- Demonstrated ability to design and proactively improve operational processes
- Strong project management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Flexible, resilient, comfortable with ambiguity and adapt easily to change.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.