Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Andela is pushing the boundaries of the future of work, hiring exceptional talent across the world as part of our distributed organization. We need a Director-level Total Rewards leader and expert who is excited to build innovative, out-of-the box solutions as we continue to rapidly scale from historically operating in 7 countries to a truly global, fully-remote model.
The Head, Total Rewards will be a key leader on the People leadership team, and a strategic partner to our Executive and Finance teams. You will drive the strategy and implementation of our Total Rewards philosophy to enable us attract and retain top talent, reward our Andelans equitably, and reimagine how we think strategically about compensation and benefits on a global scale.
- Partner with our People leadership, executive teams, and key business partners to redefine and implement an innovative, equitable, and efficient international total rewards strategy that complements our business strategy and enables a high-touch employee experience
- Grow and lead a lean and efficient Total Rewards team and through effective coaching and performance management, lead and enable team members to:
- Partner with People leadership on delivery of core compensation programs including: annual planning, bonus plans, performance reviews, pay parity analysis, recommendations for job offers, job matching & leveling for new roles, benchmarking, and answering compensation related questions
- Continue to iterate on global compensation market positioning and salary ranges (for new and existing positions) to ensure market competitiveness and alignment with our overall total rewards strategy
- Support Andela’s DEI goals by implementing equitable compensation practices and helping us continue to drive pay parity across the organization
- Consult with People Operations to help shape benefits strategy and philosophy to drive consistency across markets
- Provide expertise for job analysis and evaluations in partnership with Staff Recruiting and People Business Partners
- Develop cost models and forecast analysis for a variety of global compensation programs and budgets
- Maintain and manage network of all third party compensation vendor relationships
- Partner with CPO and relevant stakeholders to lead executive compensation philosophy, management, and overall execution
- Design and administer Andela’s equity compensation strategy and drive alignment with the executive team in partnership with Finance
- Shape and drive a comprehensive compensation-focused communication and enablement strategy for leaders and employees that is focused on proactive and effective messaging and cadence
- Design and deliver learning and education for People team members and business leaders and managers on key compensation issues, concepts, or processes.
- Lead the due diligence process and comprehensive review of all compensation and benefit plans for new ventures, mergers and acquisitions
- Work with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement innovative approaches, policies and global processes
- Minimum of 10 years progressive compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, crafting, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative global business solutions
- Experience building international compensation strategies in at least two continents
- Experience designing and/or managing equity programs for fast growing, private companies
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to communicate persuasively with high-level stakeholders to address complex problems and recommend or produce the best solutions for the business
- Demonstrated ability to design and promote compensation-related change initiatives in in fast-scaling organizations
- Exceptional project management skills and can effectively balance competing priorities
- Proactive problem solver, driven to tackle new and interesting issues and build innovative solutions that push the status quo
- Skilled, enthusiastic navigator of change and ambiguity
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Prior people or team leadership experience - successful record of sharing experience and growing skills within the team
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.