Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Andela is pushing the boundaries of the future of work, hiring exceptional talent across the world as part of our distributed organization. We need a Director-level People Business Partner who is excited to collaborate with our global Business Functions including Finance, Legal, Data and Strategy as a trusted business partner
In this role, you will act as a strategic thought partner for VP- level leaders and their teams, serving as a connector to internal functions, and as an advisor on all people processes, procedures, and initiatives.
You will play a critical role in the design and implementation of strategic organizational and talent initiatives to drive the success of our evolving business functions, and have the opportunity to innovate alongside a stellar growing team, and equally passionate and driven leaders and managers.
The Director, People Business Partner for the Business Functions will be a key driver of talent management and change management across their client populations, influencing a high growth- and performance-oriented culture. In addition, you will provide coaching and mentorship to other HRBPs on the People Team.
No two days will be the same, and the work is challenging and rewarding!
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Partner closely with People and Functional Leadership to understand organizational challenges and design/implement creative solutions
- Coordinate and support the implementation of strategic initiatives within your assigned client populations and more broadly
Organizational Design & Talent Management
- Support leaders and managers in driving engagement and retention within their respective organizations
- Support leaders and managers on facilitating talent mapping and reviews, and ensuring talent outcomes and actions are implemented
- Develop and implement org design and/or effectiveness, workforce retention, career navigation and succession interventions/strategies as requiredConnect employees and managers to compelling learning and development opportunities including mentorship, coaching for performance and growth and advising on career opportunities
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our programs and initiatives
- Support employees and managers within your population(s) to cultivate a high growth- and performance-oriented culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritising fairness and objectivity
- Advise managers on team performance management via a data driven approach
- Support proactively to identify underperformance and address thoughtfully, and manage underperformance professionally and swiftly when identified
Employee Relations - Coach, Inspire, Influence
- Provide dedicated coaching to multiple managers and employees within your populations with a specific focus on employee advocacy, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved, and serve as an escalation point for your populations
Relationships & Collaboration
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders including internal People CoEs - Recruiting, People Operations, Total Rewards and People Programs
- Coach leaders/managers on proper management and communication practices
- Work closely and effectively with other PBPs, People Operations, and the wider People team team to identify best practices and use it to define effective business interventions
Change & Project Management
- Coordinate and support the implementation and delivery of key strategic initiatives as assigned, including identifying risks and impact to delivery, as well as tracking and reporting progress and outcomes
- Implement effective change management strategies, providing subject matter expertise on risk mitigation and change delivery
- 8-10+ years relevant experience, with preferably a minimum of 4 years in an advisory HRM/HRBP role supporting executive and senior leaders
- Prior experience partnering with global support functions, preferably in high-growth, scaling organizations
- Solid track record in design and implementation of talent management strategies that have meaningfully impacted the individual and organization experience
- Demonstrated experience coaching employees/managers through complex, difficult issues and creating effective working partnerships with senior leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, ability to present and facilitate effectively, and stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self moderation, cultivating relationships and empathy.
- Experience in a challenging, fast-changing, complex and matrixed business environment with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism)
- Ability to adapt applicable global labor laws into local practices as required. Experience with other international countries a plus
- Prior HR project management, M&A experience, as well as a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with different stakeholder sets, would be preferred
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.