Andela is solving the technical talent shortage by building distributed engineering teams with Africa's top software developers. In four years, Andela has hired 1,000 developers and become known as the "Best Place to Work in Africa," with tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala,and Kigali. Andela developers work as full-time engineers with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to high-growth startups like Gusto and Cloudflare.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, and Spark Capital, Andela is powering global engineering teams while catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across Africa.
Data & Analytics at Andela:
Data Analysts equip Andelans with the means to make data-informed decisions at every turn. This includes BI tooling/reporting, data modeling, as well as thoughtful analysis. Working closely with stakeholders, you’ll provide analysis for a myriad of problems across the supply and demand funnels as well as a main focus on providing product insights. The mandate and scope of the data analyst is essentially unlimited, and ranges from business metrics to analyses that ultimately become productized. The ideal candidate is data curious, detail oriented, great at communication, and loves solving problems.This role reports directly to the Director of Data.
What you'll do:
- Be a lead liaison between the analytics and the business units to help ensure new efforts and changes think about analytics impacts and required data for measurement plans.
- Work closely with business teams to identify important questions, define key success metrics, and shape data-informed business decisions.
- Lead hands on, detailed data research and analysis of Andela’s business data; investigate, troubleshoot, and solve data quality issues.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify improvements in efficiency and usage of their current data processes; teach them how to utilize the designed reporting and functionality that you have put in place to monitor business questions and KPIs.
- Own the development, maintenance, and delivery of our BI pipeline, turning raw data into beautiful and compelling dashboards.
- Lead the development and documentation of organizational data assets and definitions.
- Be accountable for the development and implementation of solid QA processes, ensuring the reports we deliver to the business are always accurate
- Work on a globally distributed data team across timezones to make a large impact on Andela's strategy.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in data, preferably at a marketplace or B2B Saas company. Consulting or finance backgrounds may be helpful as well.
- Advanced analysis skills: Advanced SQL, experience with many different types of databases and pulling data from different sources.
- Strong data modeling skills
- Demonstrated experience and passion for developing clear and easy to understand metrics and dashboards/visualizations (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Ability to explain translate business needs to technical execution and effectively communicate your analyses to groups of stakeholders
- Ability to lead a group of analysts in a project, or a group of cross-functional stakeholders in a requirements gathering session
- A strong communicator (both verbal and written) with great critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
- Creative, positive, and helpful attitude; a team oriented, customer-centric working style.
- Adaptable and able to navigate a rapidly growing organization: not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging problems
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Experience with BigQuery, dbt, or Looker
- Experience architecting data warehouses or relational databases
- Google Analytics or Fullstory
- High-growth startups
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.