Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Our learning community is an integral part in achieving Andela’s EPIC mission to connect brilliance with opportunity. We believe that opportunity comes in both the form of careers and learning. The Andela Learning Community has trained 100,000+ learners in Africa to date and this role will be an integral part in bringing learning opportunities to new emerging markets worldwide.
We are looking for a Program Community Manager who has a 10x growth mindset, who inspires success for our developer community, who truly believes in unlocking human potential, has extensive experience in program and community management and possesses a strong analytical mindset. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Build pathways to employment through execution of learning programs, expert sessions, and effective community engagement strategies.
- Design, project manage and execute training programs to hit and exceed success metrics.
- Be confident in online community management and social tools to engage and interact with the broader community.
- While we are a global company, we do operate in English. You should have confidence and demonstrable experience in mass communications in English.
- Experience in moderating, escalating, and managing large online communities including developing and implementing scalable processes and policies.
- Build, manage and support a team of volunteer Community Champions who will work with you to grow a vibrant and engaging learning community.
- Identify, build, negotiate and close on key education, technology partnerships that will achieve commercial viability while delivering value for the community.
- Maintain and foster a database of community and developer influencers to partner with on events and content.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to implement education programs and promote them across the entire network.
- Analyze, pull data and insights on the health and status of the community and make recommendations for future state engagement models.
- Set up the right operational model to onboard, certify mentors, experts and learners onto the community platform and education programs.
- Deep understanding of the tech ecosystem in Latin America and a technology background will be a plus.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to measure both qualitative and quantitative elements.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through.
- 5+ years of community engagement experience, preferably at a high-growth startup or developer/tech communities.
- Relentless resourcefulness, ownership mindset, and a proven record of single-handedly building from the ground up and translating projects from idea stage to launch.
- You are passionate about unleashing the potential of the next generation of technology leaders through tech evangelism and knowledge sharing.
- Experience of influencing senior management and owning external partnership relationships.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.