Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: Andelans pursue the best possible outcome and deliver it. They are relentless in raising the bar.
- Passion: Andelans relentlessly solve for the needs of our customers - both clients and talent.
- Integrity: Out teams start with trust and own our outcomes. We know that mistakes inevitably happen, and when they occur, they're flagged early to be solved as a team.
- Collaboration: We step up and step out for our fellow Andelan, when necessary, and realize that our sum is greater than their parts.
Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
Andela is looking for an Account Executive to join the Growth team! As a key member of our Growth organization, you’ll play an invaluable role in Andela’s strategy and sell into some of the top engineering leaders in the world. You’ll be an individual contributor focusing solely on new business, selling to prospects and managing qualified leads generated by our sales development organization. You’ll also leverage your own prospecting skills to bolster your pipeline, all the while contributing to best practices that support the success of your greater team.
Who you are:
- Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Dedicated: You love to sell, and you have a track record that shows you’re good at it.
- Persuasive: You’re an expert at navigating difficult conversations and getting your customers on board.
- Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You love solving new problems, and you’re comfortable taking initiative, while working with imperfect information.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
What you’ll do:
- Speak to CTO, VPE’s, & other engineering leaders about their challenges around scaling robust teams
- Be a consultant, market expert, and and advisor to engineering teams
- Drive an effective sales process to hit your quarterly and annual goals
- Actively prospect with a mixture of cold calling, emailing, and social selling to supplement the lead flow provided by a dedicated team of Sales Development Representatives
- Work closely with Sales Engineers to provide recommendations based on a customer’s engineering leads
- Drive week in and week out to to meet and exceed your KPI’s
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in sales
- You have experience selling complex products/services into companies with up to 500 employees
- You have a robust outbound sales methodology that involves a multi-thread approach
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully sold in a high velocity model with sales cycle under 60 days
- Experience working with engineering leaders and C-Level executives is a huge plus!
- Startup experience is a plus
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.