Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
The Sales Engineer is a critical client-facing role that interprets and translates client requirements into a technology solution. In this role, you will drive the sign off on the technology solution and act as an interface with the delivery / talent engineering team to ensure effective transition, and determine appropriate service delivery locations and related costs. You will also serve as a key member of the sales team to represent the technology solution to the client/internal stakeholders.
- Client-facing in the sales process, working with the team to develop a winnable and deliverable solution that underpins the client value proposition and business case.
- Own end-to-end responsibility for the solution and proposal targeted for the client.
- Able to lead C-level conversations with client stakeholders to ensure alignment of our solution with client interests while also selling Andela’s capabilities.
- Able to define solution scope and involve Technical Architects / Leads to build a cohesive and compelling solution.
- Able to work with Technical Architects / Leads to provide inputs needed for estimation and review their outputs. Define our strategy and shape the deal to increase our win probability.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed, in order to connect with counterparts in other geo.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Technology Environment with a strong focus on solution design, architecting, and proposal creation.
- Understanding of Digital Technologies and ecosystem (Mobile, Web, Cloud and Data).
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software engineering with an expertise in at least 1 current technology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge in developing an integrated solution while defining the client value case.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technology trends such as new cloud technologies.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.