Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role in innovative environments, solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering top talents. You have strong analytical and time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter and a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards. You’ll partner closely with the Recruiting team to optimize the job roles in focus.
About the role:
We are looking for someone to partner with internal leaders and guide them through an effective and efficient hiring process.
As the Recruiter, you will be the leading partner to heads of departments working alongside them to perfect processes and attract top tier Data Science talent. You bring the ability to understand how to match talent to the most relevant internal opportunities, assess candidates’ skills, weaknesses, and potential for growth. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a dynamic and developing environment, work closely with multiple high-level stakeholders, and manage a high volume of open roles at once.
- Sourcing and Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit and hire talent through the use of LinkedIn, Networking, sourcing referrals, boolean searches, etc.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from profile ideation, outreach, screening, interview panel coordination, scheduling through to offer and close.
- Stakeholder Management: Continuously work with internal Hiring Managers to align on core competencies of all open roles and how to measure them accurately and effectively. Proactively guide internal stakeholders towards best hiring practices.
- Candidate Management: Strive for exemplary service to all candidates, providing for the highest level candidate experience. Advise and guide hiring managers to properly manage candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database. Maintain meticulous data within Greenhouse. Properly manage prospects and guide hiring managers through proper systems use and internal system communication.
- Network and Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop and tap into current Andelans’ social and professional networks. Develop and coordinate events that draw potential talent to the Andela brand both online and in-person.
- Coach and develop: Ensure that all members of your team are up to speed on the latest developments within the sales hiring organization so that all are well equipped to meet hiring expectations.
- Understand and Use Data: Tell stories with data to ensure Hiring Managers understand your process and approach. Utilize data to allow for a clear understanding of your efforts.
- Agility: Ability to take on other types of roles outside of sales as needed.
- 5+ years of recruitment experience in either full cycle corporate recruitment experience or agency experience with a passion and understanding for data science
- Experience recruiting sales for a start-up using Greenhouse preferred but not required
- Experience actively sourcing and attracting talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Vettery, social media, and others)
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Proven senior level relationship management skills as well as the ability to manage up and influence without authority
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel in a complex and developing organization
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.