Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Talent Sourcer to join our Talent Acquisition team. The Talent Acquisition team is responsible for finding, attracting and bringing amazing experts to our Talent Network. As a Senior Talent Sourcer, you'll be our sourcing subject matter expert, help grow our team in a diverse way and define a new function at Andela. You'll have the autonomy to improve and build our sourcing strategies and actions.
- Identify and engage passive candidates to join our network
- Identify and engage passive candidates to high priority opportunities
- Build diverse pipelines based on our strategic goals
- Build and improve sourcing frameworks, such as market mapping and conversion rates
- Lead projects and training sessions to disseminate sourcing practices across the board
- Assist with evaluation and implementation of sourcing tools
- 4+ years of experience with talent sourcing in the tech industry
- Proven experience sourcing high volume of candidates
- Proven experience working with LinkedIn Recruiter and LinkedIn Insights
- Candidate experience mindset
- You understand and have used sourcing frameworks such as market mapping, addressable market, conversion rates, iteration and dark matter
- Ability to work autonomously and hold yourself accountable
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Experience leading sourcing teams is a plus
- Experience working with other tools, such as Gem, is a plus
- Experience working remotely is also a plus
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.