Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
The Sales Training and Development Manager is responsible for owning all aspects of the Revenue Onboarding Program for New Hires. This role will own training development, program maintenance, enrollment, metrics, and more for the Revenue organization (includes, SDR, Sales, Account Management, CS) and our “Matching” team within Talent Operations. This role will report directly to the Head of Revenue Enablement. This role has a direct impact on our ability to quickly ramp new hires, resulting in happy, productive sellers quicker!
Your First 30 Days:
- You’ll get introduced to all of your key stakeholders throughout the business
- Partner with your Enablement colleagues to get up to speed on Andela’s business and current processes
- Experience our existing onboarding process
- Audit existing training content and begin mapping out programs for key roles
- Onboard to the Sales Tech Stack (Salesforce, Showpad, Spekit, etc.)
Your First 60 Days:
- Enroll new hires in their respective onboarding program, including scheduling live sessions, sending welcome emails, etc.
- Work with the Head of Revenue Enablement to map out priorities for onboarding development
- Partner with the People Ops team to ensure Revenue Onboarding and Andela Onboarding are complements of each other=
Your First 90 Days:
- Begin training development
- Partner with key stakeholders to build certification programs for new hires
- Report onboarding metrics progress monthly to key stakeholders
- Assess our existing onboarding programs across sales development, sales, customer success, and talent operations and develop a strategic plan
- Develop a strategy for connecting our various onboarding programs into a fully realized revenue onboarding program
- Partner with Sales Development, Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Enablement to build out highly scalable revenue onboarding program
- Set clear onboarding goals and metrics for all roles and own the responsibility of tracking and reporting out on progress monthly.
- Partner with other content owning and producing stakeholders to ensure all onboarding content is up to date, easy to use and relevant for our key audiences
- Develop online onboarding courses and support materials in partnership with the Enablement Team
- Own the ongoing strategy for providing a world-class onboarding experience across our revenue teams
- Assist with additional Enablement projects as necessary outside of the Revenue Onboarding program (example: Sales Kick Off planning, End of Quarter celebrations, etc.)
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in a sales enablement, sales training, or learning and development role
- Experience developing onboarding programs for sales teams
- Instructional design experience preferred
- Experience working in rapidly changing and dynamic environments
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and successful history of cross-functional collaboration
- Hands-on experience with CRM (preferably Salesforce) and sales enablement tools (Showpad, Seismic, Highspot, etc.) preferred
- Deep empathy for sales and sales processes
This role is fully remote #LI-Remote
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.