Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
This is a pivotal moment in Andela’s mission to connect brilliance with opportunity. Now more than ever, we are committed to building a global talent network where we connect hundreds of the world’s top companies with thousands of talented engineers to accelerate their careers, provide access to long-term growth opportunities, and help them become leaders in their communities. To date, we’ve brought tens of thousands of engineers into the global technology ecosystem, and we’ve only just begun.
Andela’s Product Design Team lies at the intersection of innovation, people, process, and technology. We’re building a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) and some of the best companies in the world (opportunity).
In this role, you’ll become part of a small but mighty team where you will own the end to end user experience for our Clients. You will collaborate with a team of product managers, engineers, and external stakeholders to define, build, and launch mission-critical initiatives that have a direct impact on our clients and the lives of our talent. We’re looking for a product designer with extensive experience working as part of a team to research, concept, designa slew of world-class products—both internal and external—that support Andela’s vision. We have no shortage of fascinating and complex challenges that can only be solved by someone with innate product & UX sense, technical aptitude, great taste, and impeccable craftsmanship.
If this sounds like you, keep reading—we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- Champion the end-to-end client experience
- Contribute to the development of Andela’s product strategy, thinking beyond screens and designing for the ecosystem in which our product exists today
- Use human-centered design and design thinking to translate complexity into a user-friendly client experience through user research, journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and elegant UI design
- Collaborate with our extraordinary product management team to conduct exploratory research—both qualitative and quantitative, including user interviews, user surveys, focus groups and observation, task analysis, and more—to gain empathy for client problems, user needs, and to promote new mental models
- Design client experience concepts that balance vision, craft, speed, and business potential alongside a small group of talent product designers
- Partner with our PMs to formulate and conduct usability and A/B tests to understand the successes and failures of different design decisions around our client experience
- Act as subject matter liaison and lead conversations with engineering teams, product managers, design teammates, and business stakeholders; establish and maintain credibility throughout the company and with our users
- Advocate for an integrated, consistent UI throughout the product, and for a cohesive set of design principles and patterns
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Andela’s Design System using Figma
- Be yourself
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing product suite.
- Become acquainted with your area of focus, peers, stakeholders, and your product design goals.
In the first month:
- Work closely with PMs to understand the client experience product strategy and high level road map; start to formulate your client experience design roadmap and backlog.
- Validate and evolve existing client personas by forming relationships with business stakeholders (e.g., product marketing, customer success, and sales teams).
- Collaborate with members of the product design and engineering teams to learn about, adopt, and contribute to our component library, Sahara.
- Take over all current research, design, and testing initiatives related to the client experience.
In the first three months:
- Incorporate, facilitate, and evangelize design thinking to solve complex problems and bring along other members of your client experience team in doing the same.
- Collaborate with PMs to research, design, and test initiatives for the next major product release.
- Research, design, and test new UIs and features that deliver high business value.
- Establish relationships with your PM and engineering teams and take ownership of any gaps that may exist between design and development.
- Establish design KPIs and collaborate with PMs to monitor the success (and failures!) of the client experience.
- Run design reviews with stakeholders and push the adoption of a seamless client experience that exceeds user expectations and supports the product road map.
- Establish yourself as a key player within the product design team and within Andela.
In the first six months:
- Support PMs and engineers in delivering against company and product goals.
- Continuously and diplomatically challenge fellow members of your client experience to move past the status quo.
- Mentor junior product design team members.
- Work alongside PMs to continuously re-evaluate the client experience roadmap and proactively respond to changing market and business priorities.
- Work with PMs and engineers to continuously improve the design ⇄ development process within your team.
- Contribute to the evolution of the product design team by introducing new ideas and new initiatives in service of our clients and talent.
In the first year:
- Work with PMs to clearly understand and champion the client experience strategy and plan for expansion beyond present day.
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our small-but-mighty client experience team relies on you to consistently deliver high quality user experiences and elegant UIs that create value for our users.
- Collaborate with PMs to uncover new product opportunities and actively contribute to the overall Andela product direction.
- You have well-rounded skills and experience to run projects independently end-to-end with 5+ years of prior experience as a product designer at a software company, marketplace or B2B SaaS preferred.
- You hold a degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Information Design, Graphic Design or a related field (preferred, but not required).
- You are obsessed with user experience, never settling for ‘good enough’ and inspiring others on the team to do the same.
- You are comfortable in the early stages of product development, working through ambiguity to define new and exciting features.
- You have a strong understanding of how to design a lean MVP and can work with PMs to continuously evolve product experiences and features.
- You come equipped with a stunning portfolio that displays a spectrum of innovative design solutions from concept to production and problem-solving skills. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
- You understand how data and qualitative research inform product and design decisions.
- You are a self-starter who is highly proactive and displays a high degree of ownership. You have the ability to work across multiple projects, drive creative ideation, and bridge the development gap.
- You have strong beliefs that are loosely held. You're a good listener who collaborates well with different stakeholders. You observe and internalize all inputs and feedback to help you reach an optimal decision.
- You care about the business needs, implications, and practicality of your designs. You don't get stuck on pretty UI or high-level abstractions and are able to strike a balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have strong project management skills with the ability to identify and communicate blockers, next steps, and progress.
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- You have mastered most of the typical design tools—especially Figma.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours