Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
About the role:
Andela is looking to hire a Recruitment Manager, to manage a small team recruiting for the Tech, Talent Ops and G&A hiring at Andela for our teams globally.
We’re really looking for someone who can deliver exceptional recruiting experiences to the Tech, Talent Ops and G&A functions, someone who knows that recruiting excellence comes from world-class candidate experience and hiring manager delight, as well as robust, scalable and data-driven processes.
While you will work most heavily with hiring managers and interviewers in our US teams, you will also lead a distributed recruiting function and partner with Recruiting and People team leads globally. This opportunity is ideal for levelling-up in international exposure, whilst working at a mission-driven, fast-paced, technology business.
As the recruiting lead - you strive for excellence, but know that done is better than perfect. You should be highly empathetic, a strong people manager, capable of building and executing a recruiting strategy across a combination of tech hiring, talent operations and some G&A positions. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work closely with multiple stakeholders, and manage a team executing on open headcount.
- Manage a distributed Recruiting team across multiple geographies with an emphasis on the US, driving recruiting excellence at every touchpoint
- Owning role allocation, business hiring strategy, recruiting metrics and execution of all Tech & Talent Ops hiring
- Partner with Recruiting and People teams globally to solve for improving diversity, candidate experience, hiring quality, hiring manager satisfaction and Andela branding
- Build and maintain strong relationships across Andela Leadership and US department leads to ensure hiring goals are met
- In depth experience of leading a recruiting team/function, with strong strategic, people managerial and tactical execution exposure
- Experience actively sourcing talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Github, Angelist, and others)
- 7+ years recruiting experience, with 2+ years in a managerial capacity
- Able to manage hiring across Tech, Talent Ops and business focused positions
- Have a combination of an experience-oriented and data-driven approach
- Strong talent network and understanding of sales and marketing talent
- Understanding of how to best use different technology/tools to optimise a rapidly scaling workforce
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with multiple senior stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees.
- Positive attitude with a high comfort in speaking with and selling to others
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Generous paid time off & holidays
- Flexible working hours
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.