About Andela :
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
We’re looking for a Community Support coordinator to join our expanding Talent Experience team. The Community Support team will be the first point of contact for the Engineers in the Andela network. Our aim is to ensure that every engineer can either find the answers to their questions through our Help Center or get timely and accurate information directly from the Andela team.
This role is a great opportunity to be an early contributor at a rapidly growing function, where your role will be at the forefront of problem solving and improving the overall Andela Experience for our talent. You will drive continuous improvement across our support, primarily driving our help center content and improving how our Talent network can self-serve their support needs.
We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job, though our preference would be someone who is on GMT-8 to GMT-3 to ensure fuller coverage across time zones that our Engineer’s operate in. We’re looking to hire someone immediately but willing to wait for the right candidate. English fluency is required.
- Respond to Engineers requests in a timely and professional manner on all channels or escalate tickets to other departments where relevant.
- Meet or exceed metrics for success including first time to response, time to resolution and quality expectations for engineer support requests
- Maintain and optimise the Andela Help Center for Engineers in the Talent Network to ensure that our community can self-serve by working collaboratively with talent facing teams across Andela to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Escalate possible pain points or complex issues and work collaboratively with colleagues in other departments to get the best outcome and improve the experience for the talent.
- Review data on our community support and take action to ensure we are best supporting our talent when they are looking for support.
Who are we looking for?
- Comfortable taking initiative - if you notice trends or problems that could be impacting our talent’s experience, you dive in to understand how we can improve and work with other team’s to improve
- A natural problem solver - you love to get to the bottom of the root cause of a problem and follow it through to the end
- Strong multi-tasking skills - you will enjoy shifting gears from answering our talent network’s questions, to writing help articles, reviewing and understanding our support data or working with colleagues on cross-functional projects
- A team player who is willing jump in to help colleagues when they need help
- A clear, concise communicator - why write 3 paragraphs when you can get the same information across more clearly in 3 sentences?
You should have:
- Superb customer service skills
- Fluency in English
- Be an excellent written communicator
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience - this is not required to be in a support role but you should be able to demonstrate the transferable skills that would make you a good fit
- Excellent admin and organisational skills
- A professional, friendly disposition, and the ability to deliver a high standard even under pressure
- The ability to work independently and use your own judgement
It would be great if you had:
- Experience using Zendesk and/or Salesforce, or similar ticketing software
- Experience working with a technical audience
- Experience writing help articles or external facing written content
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in analysing data and using insights to make decisions
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.