Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
Andela is looking for a Creative Director to join the Marketing Team! As a key member of our Marketing organization, you’ll play an integral role in Andela’s public brand and image to expand our business globally. You’ll manage the design and brand teams and work closely with the rest of the organization to ensure that we have a cohesive look and voice across all assets. You’ll leverage your skills to build a stellar brand experience that resonates with both of our customers; clients and talent.
- Develop creative strategy to bring our brand personality to life
- Manage and grow the brand and design teams
- Collaborate closely with all parts of the organization to ensure that our story and value proposition are clearly resonating with our target audiences
- Create and maintain a first-class design org that can accommodate the company’s needs in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Own and maintain asset, brand design, and key messaging libraries
- Monitor, analyze and communicate results on a regular basis
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients/talent and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication and design strategy surrounding them
- Background in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism and other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web, social and emerging technologies.
- A solid understanding of design, copy, and web practices.
- Have in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (US English)
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business and initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the marketing and executive teams and take note of key messaging and brand tone/voice.
- Take over any in-flight initiatives or cross-functional meetings/groups
- Understand current company roadmap and begin developing your corresponding brand implementation/optimization plan
- Conduct a full visual audit of our assets (decks, webpages, etc. )
In the first three months:
- Deliver your near to mid term roadmap of your strategy which would include a cleanup of assets
- Deliver on an initial design .
- You should be in a rhythm of delivering on key tasks throughout the business by now (communications requests, posting content, etc.).
- Be the go-to face of Andela Social Media for both external partners and internal staff members.
In the first six months:
- Brand, social, and website engagement levels are rising with clear and visible activity happening across all channels.
- Become the go-to advisor and consultant for teams in the business when they have new questions they need to answer, or require a new perspective on how to solve a business problem.
In the first year:
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently shepherd the release of high quality releases that generate meaningful traction with our target audiences.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team and its processes, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.