Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
The Developer Relations and Field Marketing Manager will work closely with the growth talent marketing team to spearhead field marketing initiatives to create developer relationships across different global markets, as well as manage and coordinate day-to-day campaigns that will include but are not limited to events, webinars, digital brand experiences, sponsorships, field activations and developers community partnerships. You will play a major role in executing and measuring results of various marketing lead generation efforts for the talent acquisition team.
- Plan and host online and offline events to create new engineering talent lead generation opportunities for Andela, accelerate existing opportunities and deepen our existing partnerships relationships
- Creating and managing key partnerships with local developer communities, organizations or brands who can help with our word of mouth campaigns and build community relations (Hackathons, trade shows, events, festivals, local networking groups, etc.)
- Coordinate territory planning and execution with Talent Ops & marketing stakeholders to build marketing event and program calendars to increase awareness, drive engagement, generate leads, and support conversion rates to create scalable growth for Andela Talent Network
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including: strategy, objectives materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production and F&B, & logistics.
- Tracking results of all global event/field campaigns activity and making recommendations for future activity (KPI’s, budgets/financial returns, ROI, planning, sizing)
- Research industry events and marketing/campaign opportunities and evaluate sponsorship based on InMoment’s objectives and target audience.
- Complete quarterly budget reviews and ROI analysis; pivot strategy to align with findings.
- 3-5 years of working experience in the community, event planning, field marketing and/or partnerships space
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; ability to multitask and effectively manage time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy
- Experience in the LATAM market is a plus
- Acute attention to detail; demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Must have experience working with technologists and be familiar with key players in the space
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business, event and lead generation initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the product, talent operations, and talent marketing teams to familiarize yourself with the goals, roadmap, and processes. Note any observations.
- Take over any in-flight initiatives or cross-functional meetings/groups and start building your roadmap and strategy
- Understand current talent marketing strategy and take ownership of certain aspects of the event processes
In the first three months:
- Deliver your near to mid term roadmap
- Deliver on an initial engagement analytics framework that we can visit in a repeatable fashion.
- You should be in a rhythm of delivering on key tasks throughout the business by now
- Be the contact point for talent marketing field activations, events (offline and online) brand experiences
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.