Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our expanding Talent Experience team. You will be the primary carrier of culture, engagement, and excitement to our community. You will be a hero in advocating for change on behalf of our engineers, a megaphone for important news and announcements, and a leader in implementing exciting new projects and initiatives that benefit our community all over the world. We need change agents, excellent communicators, multitaskers, creative thinkers, and people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. We’re looking to hire someone immediately, but for the right candidate we’re willing to wait as well. English fluency is required.
- Advocate for and be the voice of our engineering community in all aspects of Andela - providing value to the community is your #1 mission
- Act as a strategic partner in all cross-functional initiatives that impact engineers and our community
- Ensure that our community culture is strong and remains a diverse, inclusive, and equitable space
- Be the primary owner and operator of our online community in Slack
- Create, implement, and monitor continuous feedback loops between our engineers and relevant stakeholders to ensure the talent experience is excellent at every touch point
- Ideate, create, and implement new initiatives and programs that benefit our engineers, empower their careers, create new opportunities, and gain skills
- Build, manage and support a team of Community Champions who will work with you to create a vibrant careers community
- Set and implement communication campaigns to align with company strategies and deliver important information to the community on an ongoing basis
- Host and sponsor events including webinars, AMAs, social hours, and town halls
- Identify, negotiate, and close partnerships with education, technology, and travel providers
- Maintain and foster a database of community and developer influencers to partner with on events and content
- Establish and maintain credibility within the community, engineering,and the business by delivering on what you say you are going to do
- 3+ years of community management experience at a software company, marketplace, or startup preferred. Ideally you should have managed a team of community leaders or managers for some portion of that time.
- 1+ years of support, CX, or success team experience within a service or user-oriented environment
- Clear and demonstrated cross-functional program or event management experience
- Technical community or dev relations experience preferred, but not a deal breaker
- Comfortable selling ideas and advocating for change - you won’t always be making easy decisions or having initial consensus and buy-in
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to measure the intangible (engagement, sentiment, etc.)
- A+ level of public speaking and comfort presenting to hundreds of people is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business and community initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the product, talent operations, and talent marketing teams to familiarize yourself with the goals, roadmap, and processes. Note any observations.
- Take over any in-flight initiatives or cross-functional meetings/groups and start building your roadmap
- Understand current talent processes and take ownership of certain aspects of the community experience.
- Start creating meaningful relationships with the members of our community.
In the first three months:
- Deliver your near to mid term roadmap
- Deliver on an initial engagement analytics framework that we can visit in a repeatable fashion.
- You should be in a rhythm of delivering on key tasks throughout the business by now (communications requests, product input, and community queries).
- Be the go-to face of the Andela Community for both engineering talent and internal staff members.
In the first six months:
- Community engagement levels are rising with clear and visible activity happening across all community channels.
- You have partnered with the Andela Learning Community, Talent Operations, and Talent Marketing Teams team across all focus areas, and they are in a rhythm of working with you and your team to define community initiatives and campaigns up-front as well as monitor and gauge their success over time.
- Become the go-to advisor and talent consultant of sorts for folks in the business when they have new questions they need to answer, or require a new perspective on how to solve a business problem.
In the first year:
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently shepherd the release of high quality products that our community loves.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team and its processes, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!