Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
Andela is looking for a Copywriter to join the Product and Marketing Teams! As a key member of our organization, you’ll play an integral role in crafting Andela messaging that clearly demonstrates our value offerings to both of our customers; clients and talent. As Product Copywriter, you will prepare promotional materials for events, write product descriptions, create text for online ads, write for product and website wireframes, and create and maintain playbook email templates. Ultimately, you will ensure our product marketing content presents our brand in an accurate and compelling way.
- Write clear and compelling copy to describe products
- Create advertising texts for brochures and banners
- Work with designers on landing pages for new product features
- Craft sales pitch emails to pique potential candidates’ attention
- Ensure all content we produce is true to the product and consistent with our brand
- Collaborate with designers to create appealing graphics that complement text
- Conduct competitive research to identify our strong and weak points
- Promote product copy online (e.g. on social networks)
- Apply SEO principles to maximize reach to our target audience
- Update product descriptions as needed (both on our websites and other online resources)
- Create and maintain a solid copy and writing request workflow to effectively deliver
- 3+ years of work experience as a Product Copywriter, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of existing work
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills (native English speaker)
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress) and CRM/Automation software (e.g. Marketo)
- Familiarity with online marketing campaigns
- Basic keyword search knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
In the first week:
- Onboard and integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andela’s existing business and community initiatives.
- Become acquainted with your peers, teams, stakeholders, and your initial goals.
In the first month:
- Start collaborating closely with the marketing, product, and sales teams to create a solid foundation for collaboration including a request management system
- Take over any in-flight initiatives or cross-functional needs
- Understand current company roadmap and begin inserting yourself into projects and teams where your skills will be needed
In the first three months:
- Consistently deliver high-quality writing on-time.
- You should be in a rhythm of delivering on key tasks throughout the business by now (communications requests, product/website copy, email templates, etc.).
- Be the go-to face of the Marketing and Product teams for all things copy
In the first six months:
- Ad, product, email, and website engagement levels are rising with clear and visible activity happening across all channels.
- Become the go-to advisor and consultant for teams in the business when they have new questions they need to answer, or require a new perspective on how to solve a business problem.
In the first year:
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted and highly valued Andelan and our team relies on you to consistently shepherd the release of high quality releases that generate meaningful traction with our target audiences.
- Continuously strive to scale and improve the team and its processes, meeting the growing needs of the business and our users.
- Scale the team.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Generous paid time off & holidays
- Flexible working hours
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.