Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role:
Andela is looking for an entrepreneurial revenue leader who can manage and lead a team that is rapidly growing inside (and outside) Andela. As the Global Head of our SMB business (sub $500MM in revenue), you will have oversight for both the Sales, Sales Development, Account Management and Client Success functions. You will be responsible for building a new business sales pipeline to meet forecasts and goals as well as expand and retain our existing customer portfolio. Working closely with the Product and Talent Operations teams, you will define strategic opportunities for growth within our most important accounts; lobbying for investment and resources when necessary. We are looking for someone who has a strong customer-centric philosophy combined with a growth mentality.
You will hire, coach, and retain top talent as revenue grows. You'll maintain and develop operational rigor by implementing effective and repeatable sales processes to successfully scale our business. In doing so, you’ll work closely with the CRO and a number of other functional leaders across sales, marketing and talent operations.
- Working closely with our Rev Ops, Marketing, Product and Talent Operations teams, you will own the strategy and execution for driving growth across our global SMB portfolio.
- You will own outbound sales strategy and help build our inbound sales strategy in partnership with marketing.
- You will join and sometimes lead strategic client conversations, for both new logos and existing clients.
- You will own the full P&L process for the SMB business, including annual budgeting and planning, headcount planning and G&A spend
- You will provide regular forecasting on monthly and quarterly growth for new business and upsells.
- Enhance our key account planning process, thoroughly expand our Strategic Accounts reach through organization charts, strategic attack plans, and have a game plan for every division within our largest customers.
- You will own retention targets across the unit and drive the strategy to achieve optimal Net Retention across SMB.
- Work closely with the Product organization to evaluate, test and incubate new product ideas.
- 10+ years of customer-facing experience, 5+ years managing highly strategic revenue teams that sell into a technical persona.
- Experience with net new business and account management teams either as an individual contributor or a leader.
- High EQ with empathetic/servant leadership style and strong critical thinking.
- Experience operating cross-functionally to drive strategic initiatives that impact product roadmap and general business direction.
- Have a coaching mentality: our sales environment is centered around making each other better via collaboration and coaching, not just recruiting fully formed stars.
- Balance the science of selling with the art of selling and understand that you need both to be successful.
- Excited about building teams that are diverse, inclusive, and collaborative.
- Highly strategic thinker, able to inform our Global GTM motion on where to invest in product and Geo expansion.
- Experience motivating sales teams that generate their own opportunities in addition to marketing and SDR teams, but not relying solely on these supporting teams.
- Proven ability to hit and exceed revenue goals on a consistent basis and a deep forecasting background
- Comfortable presenting to C-level decision-makers as well as to VPs of engineering/product.
- You have the ability to network inside and outside the company to obtain the resources and information you need to drive an initiative.
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners to solve hard problems; you are a model for intra-company collaboration.
- You have a passion for talent marketplaces and remote work; previous marketplace experience and/or software engineering industry experience is highly valuable.
- Knowledge of salesforce, salesforce automation tools (Salesloft, etc), customer retention platforms (Gainsight, ChurnZero, etc) and BI platforms (Insight Squared, Looker, etc)
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.