Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role :
As the Head, Sales Finance you will lead our FP&A business partnership with our Go to Market Leadership and Executive Team. In this cross-functional and highly visible role, you will be responsible for revenue forecasts and projections as well as strategic and analytical support to deliver on key Growth and Financial Metrics. This is both an analytical and strategic role that requires strong communication and problem-solving skills. Reporting to the VP - FP&A your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Sales Leadership to create medium and long-term opportunity analysis to prioritize top-line growth initiatives across geographic regions, products, and market segments. Own end-to-end financial processes related to monthly Revenue/ARR forecasting, quarterly/annual revenue planning, and long-range planning and execution
- Support Sales Leadership team and department heads with in-depth analysis. Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for decision making and action planning.
- Drive the performance management processes with Sales Leadership. Review key metrics, evaluate variances, and update forecasts. Analyze current and historical trends in KPIs, including all areas of pipeline generation, revenue, sales compensation, and sales expenses and drive business planning and implementation of critical business initiatives.
- Develop strategies and models to maximize growth and ensure predictable, competitive performance by working with cross-functional teams.
- Support Board & Investor reporting requirements and presentations
- Play a leadership role on the FP&A team, including; developing strong financial leaders, maintaining a high-performing Finance Team, recruitment, retention and demonstrating leadership that attracts, motivates and engages top talent employees
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a Senior level FP&A role, leading teams
- A self-starter with exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- An effective business partner with strong communication skills and able to effectively drive thought leadership and collaborate across departments
- The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-growth, and global environment
- Experience with marketplaces and supporting Sales teams
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.