Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: Andelans pursue the best possible outcome and deliver it. They are relentless in raising the bar.
- Passion: Andelans relentlessly solve for the needs of our customers - both clients and talent.
- Integrity: Out teams start with trust and own our outcomes. We know that mistakes inevitably happen, and when they occur, they're flagged early to be solved as a team.
- Collaboration: We step up and step out for our fellow Andelan, when necessary, and realize that our sum is greater than their parts.
About the role
- Partner with key business leaders to develop and implement medium and long-term business strategies and financial plans
- Support Executive Leadership and department heads with in-depth analysis. Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for decision making and action planning
- Drive the performance management processes. Review key metrics, evaluate variances, and update forecasts. Analyze current and historical trends in KPIs and lead business planning and implementation of critical business initiatives
- Develop strategies and models to maximize growth and ensure predictable, competitive performance by working with cross-functional teams.
- Support Board & Investor reporting requirements and presentations
- Implement FP&A best practices and develop new frameworks for analyzing the business and driving key decisions for operational efficiency and growth
- Play a leadership role on the FP&A team, including; developing strong financial leaders, maintaining a high-performing Finance Team, recruitment, retention and demonstrating leadership that attracts, motivates and engages top talent employees
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a Senior level FP&A role, leading teams
- A self-starter with exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- An effective business partner with strong communication skills and able to effectively drive thought leadership and collaborate across departments
- The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-growth, and global environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and tackle complex operational initiatives in a collaborative environment
- Experience with marketplaces preferred
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.