Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
Are you someone who loves to build lasting relationships and deliver excellence to your clients? This is your opportunity to set the standard within a world-class Client Success function supporting our Growth and Mid-Market segments. You will own a dedicated book of business within a range of $500 - $750k ARR and be responsible for ensuring each client is delighted in their experience with Andela. You’ll be accountable for setting the first impression during onboarding, measuring Andela’s impact alongside the client’s goals, running key programs like NPS, and carrying out effective issue resolution wherever necessary. Given Andela has two stakeholder groups: our clients and engineers, you’ll ensure an exceptional client experience through our engineers' happiness as well. You’re someone who likes to find creative solutions to resolve your client’s issues and drive churn targets to an all-time low.
- Build lasting relationships with Andela’s clients to effectively own your book of business with accountability to core metrics like Net Retention & NPS
- Effectively onboard new client accounts and engineers to ensure attainment of business goals within the first 90 days of the client’s relationship with Andela
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to advocate and unblock in the best interest of the needs of your client
- Use data to make decisions to positively impact the client experience in the best interest of net retention
- Maintain accurate, up to date, and clear data in Client Success platforms like Salesforce and ChurnZero
- Build and manage relationships with Andela’s engineers to link their performance and impact with commercial goals
- Thoughtfully collaborate with engineers to resolve issues impacting the client relationship
- Collaborate on ad-hoc projects as a SME in Client Success
- Drive churn to all time lows
- Experience owning a book of business, particularly in a dynamic, fast-paced startup or tech environment. Experience should include accountability around core KPI’s like churn, NPS, and other client experience measurements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct client management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with people of various backgrounds
- You are highly self-driven and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Proficient in Salesforce with experience in other Client Success tools (examples: ChurnZero, Gainsight, etc.)
- Experience with reviewing data sets to drive decision making
- You are a natural collaborator who can effectively work across stakeholder groups in the best interest of the client
- Creative problem-solving abilities
This role is fully remote!