Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role in innovative environments, solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering top talents. You have strong analytical and time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter and a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards. You’ll partner closely with the Recruiting team to optimize the job roles in focus.
About the role:
Sales is one of the main sources of life in our business; we are looking for someone to partner with internal sales leaders and guide them through an effective and efficient hiring process.
As the Senior Recruiter, you will be the leading partner to heads of all of our sales teams working alongside them to perfect processes and attract top tier sales talent. You bring the ability to understand how to match talent to the most relevant internal opportunities, assess candidates’ skills, weaknesses, and potential for growth. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a dynamic and developing environment, work closely with multiple high-level stakeholders, and manage a high volume of open roles at once.
- Sourcing and Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit and hire talent through the use of LinkedIn, Networking, sourcing referrals, boolean searches, etc.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from profile ideation, outreach, screening, interview panel coordination, scheduling through to offer and close.
- Stakeholder Management: Continuously work with internal Hiring Managers to align on core competencies of all open roles and how to measure them accurately and effectively. Proactively guide internal stakeholders towards best hiring practices.
- Candidate Management: Strive for exemplary service to all candidates, providing for the highest level candidate experience. Advise and guide hiring managers to properly manage candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database. Maintain meticulous data within Greenhouse. Properly manage prospects and guide hiring managers through proper systems use and internal system communication.
- Network and Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop and tap into current Andelans’ social and professional networks. Develop and coordinate events that draw potential talent to the Andela brand both online and in-person.
- Coach and develop: Ensure that all members of your team are up to speed on the latest developments within the sales hiring organization so that all are well equipped to meet hiring expectations.
- Understand and Use Data: Tell stories with data to ensure Hiring Managers understand your process and approach. Utilize data to allow for a clear understanding of your efforts.
- Agility: Ability to take on other types of roles outside of sales as needed.
- 4+ years of recruitment experience in either full cycle corporate recruitment experience or agency experience
- Experience recruiting sales for a start-up using Greenhouse preferred but not required
- Experience actively sourcing and attracting talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Vettery, social media, and others)
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Proven senior level relationship management skills as well as the ability to manage up and influence without authority
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel in a complex and developing organization