Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day experiences, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified thousands of software engineers around the world and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ companies. Along the way, we have raised over $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role:
Andela is pushing the boundaries of the future of work, hiring exceptional talent across the world as part of our distributed organization. We need a compensation expert who is excited to build innovative, out-of-the box solutions as we rapidly scale from operating in 7 countries to a truly global, fully-remote model. You will drive the strategy and implementation of our global compensation (cash + equity) philosophy to attract and retain top talent, and to reward our Andelans equitably. The Senior Compensation Programs Manager will work closely with the Director of People Operations and the People leadership team, as well our executive and finance teams, to reimagine how we think strategically about compensation and benefits on a global scale.
- Work with our People leadership, executive teams, and key business partners to design and implement an innovative, equitable, and efficient international compensation strategy that will enable us to hire and retain top talent globally.
- Support Andela’s DEI goals by implementing equitable compensation practices and helping us continue to drive pay parity across the organization.
- Design and administer Andela’s equity compensation strategy and drive alignment with the executive team in partnership with FP&A.
- Consult with People Operations to help shape benefits strategy and philosophy to drive consistency across markets.
- Partner with People leadership on core compensation matters including: annual planning, performance reviews, pay parity analysis, recommendations for job offers, job matching & leveling for new roles, benchmarking, and answering compensation related questions.
- Develop cost models and forecast analysis for a variety of global compensation programs and budgets.
- Continue to iterate on global compensation market positioning and salary ranges (for new and existing positions) to ensure market competitiveness and alignment with our overall compensation strategy.
- Manage all third party compensation vendor relationships.
- Help build and lead executive compensation philosophy, management, and overall execution.
- Drive compensation-focused communication and enablement for leaders and employees.
- Work with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement innovative approaches, policies and global processes.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, crafting, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative global business solutions
- Experience building compensation strategies in at least two continents
- Experience managing equity programs for fast growing, private companies
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to communicate persuasively with high-level stakeholders to address complex problems and recommend or produce the best solutions for the business
- Exceptional project management skills and can effectively balance competing priorities
- Proactive problem solver, driven to tackle new and interesting issues and build innovative solutions that push the status quo
- Skilled, enthusiastic navigator of change and ambiguity
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.