Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
We are seeking an experienced B2C marketer to lead the company’s strategy and vision as it relates to its top line growth. The Director, Recruitment Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a scalable, repeatable process for increasing brand awareness and generating applications to our talent network The ideal candidate needs to be strategic and tactical, capable of defining our talent acquisition strategy and running a hands on team that drives acquisition day to day.
- Build a high performing, metrics driven recruitment marketing team
- Develop multi-channel recruitment marketing campaigns to build robust talent pipelines for high-demand positions and functional areas (this includes paid advertising, sponsored & hosted events, email, newsletters, etc)
- Maintain a feedback loop between talent operations & sales to optimize campaigns and stay align on needs
- Assist with large-scale candidate searches and new market launches through planning, development, launch
- Implement and refine lead nurturing program to keep Andela top of mind for our talent audience
- Work with Product Marketing to build and optimize talent acquisition strategy based upon the buyer journey
- 5+ years of experience in brand marketing and recruiting marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver targeted recruitment marketing, social media, and employee value proposition building strategies
- Ability to navigate cultural differences and build global but locally relevant solutions
- Strong social and communication skills (verbal and written), across all levels
- Have a track record of successfully testing and scaling campaigns
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly analytical and data driven
This role is fully remote