Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role:
The Sales Development Enablement Manager is responsible for equipping our Sales Development Team with the knowledge and resources they need to be efficient and effective. This role will own content creation, enablement tactics, training and productivity systems for our SDRs, and will report directly to the Head of Revenue Enablement. This role has a direct impact on our ability to deliver value to our prospects as well as provide internal mobility to decrease ramp time as internal candidates are promoted into other Revenue functions.
- Onboarding: The SDR Enablement Manager will be responsible for creating a scalable ongoing curriculum to ensure knowledge transfer and adoption of core behaviors for a 30-60-90 experience. Examples: Refining and managing role-specific onboarding curricula.
- SDR Internal Mobility: Developing SDRs for their next level career move at Andela. Example: Working with cross-functional leadership to build learning paths and certification programs that will set internal candidates up for success.
- Skill Training & Coaching: Enabling reps to consistently articulate our value to prospects. Examples: Reinforcing our sales methodology and partnering with leadership to define a manager-led coaching program, as well as driving programmatic efforts to improve our story-telling capabilities.
- Competitive Enablement: Work with Product Marketing to enable reps to consistently articulate high-level differentiators against top competitors. Examples: Coaching to battle cards and other competitive job aids.
- Tool Training: Getting the most possible ROI out of our rep-facing tool stack, by managing the adoption and optimal usage of enablement and productivity tools. Examples: learning management system, sales asset management, call analytics platform, sales intelligence platforms.
- Internal Communications: Provide timely and easy access to all information reps need to do their jobs. Examples: Partnering with the Head of Revenue Enablement to manage the SDR space on our content management system and partnering with subject matter experts to build content on processes/motions/priorities.
- Continuous Improvement: Promote a culture of data-driven continuous improvement and recognition. Examples: Monitor enablement completion/usage data and report progress and trends to leaders in a quarterly stakeholder meeting
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required
- Two+ years of relevant professional experience in an SDR, sales enablement, or sales training role
- Ability to analyze outcomes and utilize data insights to drive decision-making
- Experience working in rapidly changing and dynamic environments
- Exceptional communication skills and successful history of cross-functional collaboration
- Instructional design experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with CRM (preferably Salesforce), sales enablement tools (Showpad, Seismic, Highspot, etc.) and Sales Engagement tools (SalesLoft, Outreach).
- Deep empathy for sales and sales processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This role is fully remote!