Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
Data & Analytics at Andela:
Data Analysts equip Andelans with the means to make data-informed decisions at every turn. This includes BI tooling/reporting, data modeling, as well as thoughtful analysis. Working closely with stakeholders, you’ll provide analysis for a myriad of problems across the supply and demand funnels as well as a main focus on providing product insights. The mandate and scope of the data analyst is essentially unlimited, and ranges from business metrics to analyses that ultimately become productized. The ideal candidate is data curious, detail oriented, great at communication, and loves solving problems.This role reports directly to the Director of Data.
What you'll do:
- Be a lead liaison between the analytics and the product teams to help ensure new features think about analytics impacts and required data for measurement plans at feature inception.
- Work closely with business and product teams to identify important questions, define key success metrics, and shape data-informed business and product decisions.
- Lead hands on, detailed data research and analysis of Andela’s business data; investigate, troubleshoot, and solve data quality issues.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify improvements in efficiency and usage of their current data processes; teach them how to utilize the designed reporting and functionality that you have put in place to monitor business questions and KPIs.
- Own the development, maintenance, and delivery of our BI pipeline, turning raw data into beautiful and compelling dashboards.
- Lead the development and documentation of organizational data assets and definitions.
- Be accountable for the development and implementation of solid QA processes, ensuring the reports we deliver to the business are always accurate
- Work on a globally distributed data team across timezones to make a large impact on Andela's strategy.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in tech and product, preferably at a marketplace or B2B Saas company. Consulting or finance backgrounds may be helpful as well.
- Advanced analysis skills: Advanced SQL, experience with many different types of databases and pulling data from different sources, some exposure to Python scripting for bonus points
- Strong data modeling skills
- Demonstrated experience and passion for developing clear and easy to understand metrics and dashboards/visualizations (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Ability to explain translate business needs to technical execution and effectively communicate your analyses to groups of stakeholders
- Ability to lead a group of analysts in a project, or a group of cross-functional stakeholders in a requirements gathering session
- A strong communicator (both verbal and written) with great critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
- Creative, positive, and helpful attitude; a team oriented, customer-centric working style.
- Adaptable and able to navigate a rapidly growing organization: not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging problems
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Experience with Snowflake, dbt, or Looker
- Experience architecting data warehouses or relational databases
- Google Analytics or Fullstory
- High-growth startups
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance