Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
The SDR Director will coach and manage a team of predominantly outbound SDRs focused on delivering qualified sales meetings to our account executives across Growth, Mid-Market and Enterprise sales teams. This role reports to the VP, New Business Sales.
Who You Are:
- Sales leader who has a passion for training, coaching, and development
- Creative problem solver that identifies new and innovative ways to drive top of funnel growth
- Analytical thinker that leverages data to make decisions and recommendations
- A natural motivator that inspires team members to achieve ambitious goals
- You thrive on a team where business development is the lynchpin between marketing and sales
- Coach, mentor and manage a team of 15 - 25 SDRs focused on delivering qualified sales meetings to our account executive team; manage both SDR Manager(s) and ICs.
- Recruit, hire and train additional SDRs; build onboarding process in conjunction with Revenue Enablement as well as ongoing upskilling and continued development for SDRs
- Partner with demand generation and product marketing to support our pipeline goals; partner with sales directors and events marketing to execute cross-functional account-based marketing in key accounts
- Develop paths for career advancement within the SDR function as well as to closing sales roles and beyond
- Train and mentor the team on prospecting tactics, time management, objection handling, as well as software tools such as Salesloft, Sales Navigator, Salesforce
- Implement, improve, and standardize key sales processes in service of driving consistent and repeatable motions that predictably drive revenue growth.
- Proactively track and analyze key trends to inform data-driven decisions
- Analyze cadences with an eye towards continual improvement and up-to-date messaging, by buyer persona and by industry
- Ensure sales qualified opportunities are sourced in accordance with company targets, and that our Account Executives have enough opportunities to work with to be fully productive
- Plan, forecast, and understand ramp adjusted capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively in tandem with the needs of our sales organization
- Minimum of 5 years as an SDR leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to coach others on communication skills and draft/create messages for outbounds.
- Management experience of 10-20 SDRs in similarly high-growth tech companies and experience scaling an org while fostering team development.
- Proven success leading a team in a quota-carrying position; consistently deliver against targets – ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved
- Developed a team of first line leaders, managed SDRs, and partnered closely with other functional teams
- Passion for coaching and educating others
- Experience with Salesloft, Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Marketo, ZoomInfo, Slack, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, and other similar tools
- Experience operating in a professional services environment is a plus
This role is fully remote.